Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

Funnily enough this will be my 1st visit to Tannadice, only got a handful of league grounds to go, Fir Park and Pittodrie being another 2 mainly due to during our top flight years I was away with the R.A.F. 

Buzzing for tomorrow, rip your arm off for a point 😀

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Was considering going along to this as a neutral* but I’ve sacked that idea after seeing the eye-watering price for a brief. £25 for a second tier match is taking the absolute piss.

*supporting Rovers from the home end

Yeah, it's starting to get too expensive these days, we're £22 for home games and £24 for dunfermline and Dundee Utd. A cap on entry fees needs to be addressed and soon, for me £25 top flight £20 2nd tier and £15 below seems appropriate.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

My brain is absolutely fried. I was convinced this was tonight, and live on the BBC.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bfco65xdhe4qd614xtl

😀

Think they're backing Utd home games up for later in the season. They have to show each team at home 'X' amount times I seem to recall?

The next United v Raith game at Tannadice is due the same weekend as Scotland away to Netherlands. That game is on the Friday night - Would suspect the BBC will look to have the Tannadice game live, but wonder if they'll pitch it up against the national team or not?

31 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Yeah, it's starting to get too expensive these days, we're £22 for home games and £24 for dunfermline and Dundee Utd. A cap on entry fees needs to be addressed and soon, for me £25 top flight £20 2nd tier and £15 below seems appropriate.

£25 is too expensive for Scottish football at any level. Twenty's plenty. 

Looking like the Shed will be full for this one and Dundee Utd are selling a decent amount if tickets for the home end. Absolutely buzzing for this one, a top of the table clash with a big crowd and hopefully a good atmosphere.  Nicking top after the late goal in Arbroath is a massive plus as Utd will be obvious favourites for this one.  Can we upset the odds? I’ve absolutely zero idea but we just need to go up there and play our game and see what happens. Amazing the start both teams have had this season and most seasons either team would be pulling away but we’re pretty much neck and neck going into this one. 

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Think they're backing Utd home games up for later in the season. They have to show each team at home 'X' amount times I seem to recall?

Correct, twice from each home pitch...unlimited with regard to appearances (like Hearts a couple of years ago).

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

😀

The next United v Raith game at Tannadice is due the same weekend as Scotland away to Netherlands. That game is on the Friday night - Would suspect the BBC will look to have the Tannadice game live, but wonder if they'll pitch it up against the national team or not?

Why? Do they think you’re planning on winning the league or something 🤔, no no  it’s fine we’re no doubt expected to mount our challenge in injury time so basically game 36 we’ll somehow come back from the dead to win it, it’s just what we do these days 😂.  

Could be interesting to see if BBC decide to show Utd v Raith with the Scotland game on at the same time.  Guess it’ll depend on our respective league positions come March as the game could be a nothing game by then. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

£25 is too expensive for Scottish football at any level. Twenty's plenty. 

Wouldn’t be against a £25 cap in the top flight for home fans but I do agree with the £20’s plenty for away fans as it obviously involves extra costs for fans travelling to games. 

23 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ayr and Queens Park over the last few years felt like they were on every other week.

Best I can find we've had 10 Championship matches on BBC Scotland so far or scheduled through 12/1/24. Everyone has had, or is scheduled to have, a home match except Partick, and Queen's Park had had both. Total appearances through 12/1/2024 will be DU 5, QP 3, PT 3, Pars 3, Arb 1, Air 1, Ayr 1, ICT 1, GM 1, RR 1. That means the remainder of the season all but QP get a home match and PT get two.

If I had to bet, the DU v Pars match on 27/1 would have been selected if DU was pulling away...but instead I suspect we'll see something like Ayr v DU from 3/2, RR v DU from 17/2, ICT v Pars from 24/2, PT v DU from 2/3, Pars v DU from 16/3 (which would rob the Pars a second time), Arb v PT from 23/3, PT v ICT from 30/3, GM v DU from 13/4, Air v DU from 27/4, and DU v PT on 3/5. That's probably a bit too DU slanted, even for the BBC, but...

Only 4 unrestricted view tickets left now. 

As for the match. It's going to be a hell of an ask after Wednesday and I think we'll need fully fit versions of Murray and Hamilton to have a half decent chance. 

I don't understand anyone saying Connolly shouldn't be starting either. 

Well done Rovers fans for selling out the Shed. Should be a cracking atmosphere. I hope we get a match to entertain the large crowd.

I reckon the team that handles the occasion, plays to win and keeps their heads wins. A hard fought scoring draw would not be a surprise though.

Obviously, I hope United will find their form and get over the line with 3 points. But, I think Raith are going into this game with the better form.