Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Was considering going along to this as a neutral* but I’ve sacked that idea after seeing the eye-watering price for a brief. £25 for a second tier match is taking the absolute piss.

*supporting Rovers from the home end

How much would you pay if not a season ticket holder to watch the pish you guys serve up on a weekly basis?

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best I can find we've had 10 Championship matches on BBC Scotland so far or scheduled through 12/1/24. Everyone has had, or is scheduled to have, a home match except Partick, and Queen's Park had had both. Total appearances through 12/1/2024 will be DU 5, QP 3, PT 3, Pars 3, Arb 1, Air 1, Ayr 1, ICT 1, GM 1, RR 1. That means the remainder of the season all but QP get a home match and PT get two.

If I had to bet, the DU v Pars match on 27/1 would have been selected if DU was pulling away...but instead I suspect we'll see something like Ayr v DU from 3/2, RR v DU from 17/2, ICT v Pars from 24/2, PT v DU from 2/3, Pars v DU from 16/3 (which would rob the Pars a second time), Arb v PT from 23/3, PT v ICT from 30/3, GM v DU from 13/4, Air v DU from 27/4, and DU v PT on 3/5. That's probably a bit too DU slanted, even for the BBC, but...

You haven’t put much thought into this have you?

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is what it’s all about, for me. Days like today are why you go. I’ve watched us lose comfortably at Forfar, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir… the list goes on. Once every decade or so you get a season that makes it all worthwhile, and this season is exactly that. 

Cannot fucking wait to get up to Tannadice today and get behind the boys. A defeat is not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination, but lord knows what a win would do, not just to the points tally, but more so to the already steely mentality of this squad. 

There’s definitely something different about this squad this season Hank, in previous seasons a lot of games we won we would’ve crumbled in and lost but this “we never stop” attitude we have as a former Celtic manager would say is class from the squad going into games thinking I’m not worried if we go 1-0 down or they equalise.

becasue we know this squad has something different about them you feel more confident we’re gonna win the game then lose it.

but I am buzzing for today we just have to focus on us and if Dundee United are missing players so be it 

Utd better bring their “A game” to the park today, Rovers have been playing some great football, and managing to grind out results when not playing their best. Let’s not forget Dundee Utd are top of the pile for a reason, they are still undefeated this season. This all adds up to a very tasty encounter. 
I'm really looking forward to seeing the highlights from this game. 

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Utd better bring their “A game” to the park today, Rovers have been playing some great football, and managing to grind out results when not playing their best. Let’s not forget Dundee Utd are top of the pile for a reason, they are still undefeated this season. This all adds up to a very tasty encounter. 
I'm really looking forward to seeing the highlights from this game. 

They aren’t top of the pile. 

I stand corrected. I forgot that Rovers went top midweek. This means Utd have to win this one, a draw keeps them from returning to the top. 
I could cut my tongue out for saying this, but Rovers have been the best team I’ve seen in this league so far this season. 

Edited by Wacky

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we score, I hope we all toss our Santa hats into the air in a nod to the bonnets of bygone days...

As long as it's not "Up wi' the bonnets o' Bonnie Dundee!" at the end of the game then it'll be just braw.👍