Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Fairly sure, there’s a thread called car parking charges, or possibly it was anally retentive, boring lawyer c***s, for this sort of chat.

Football is fucking boring. It's a child's game.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

They know who you are because they've got your licence plate.

They know who the registered keeper is.

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This top of the table clash of the titans fairly seems to be capturing the imagination eh?

It’s one for the romantics.

I’ve been to Tannadice twice with Rovers and both games finished 2-2. Depends how burst I get today whether I make it there tomorrow.

My romantic heart thinks back to the previous games and says “yes, please. Let’s go!”. My realist of a brain says, “you’ll be hungover, behave, you’re going nowhere.”

Edited by Scary Bear

The midweek game has kind of killed the build up to this one a little.  Normally a game like this would be on about 10 pages by now.

Having just listened to the latest brilliant episode of the Oh No No No podcast, I'm even more fired up for this than I already was.  Like Duncan, I'm ridiculously excited for this and can't wait to be in a packed shed tomorrow.

It should be two good teams properly going at each other for 90 minutes (and then Rovers continuing for another 5 to grab the win 😎) with a cracking atmosphere from both ends.

The pitch should be decent and the weather looks set to be pretty fair so it will suit both teams and allow them to play football.  What Ian Murray decides to do with Scott Brown could be a big factor in this.  I think we'll really need his energy in midfield and can definitely see him playing in there if Euan Murray is fit.  Jack Hamilton is also a huge factor for us.

It's a really hard one to call but I'm going to go for 2-1 Rovers with yet another late winner.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If we’re just chatting infrastructure, I was up at Ninewells recently. Fabulous hospital in case you fall over and hurt yourself. Also the Silvery Tay chippie is pretty decent for a sausage or fish supper.

Up at Ninewells there is a multi-storey carpark next to the limb fitting department, don't park there because it will cost you an arm and a leg.

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If we’re just chatting infrastructure, I was up at Ninewells recently. Fabulous hospital in case you fall over and hurt yourself. Also the Silvery Tay chippie is pretty decent for a sausage or fish supper.

Never have fritters though.

Don't really want to talk about the game cos won't lie I'm shitting it. 

Potentially lose our first game of the season in mid December and the fan base will go into meltdown.

On the positive side Rovers concede goals, we tend not to and we are making as many chances as we were when were scudding teams. On the negative we seem to need about 30 shots to score at the moment.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Certainly there is a distinction between statutory parking fines and private parking fees in terms of enforcement but some of these private fees are enforceable and, indeed, are enforced through the courts.

Absolutely true but they aren't going to chase someone for a tenner where as 24k is well worth the court proceedings. 

Either way it's a notice not a fixed penalty. A fixed penalty you should pay as its a government fine and will in time pay it one way or another, a notice isn't a govenment ticket so to be enforced it has to be taken to the courts, in which case they have to pay for court proceedings.

Anyway back to the footy. I thought we would have sold out the away end by now. Especially after beating Arbroath. Still time but I thought we'd maybe take 2,200-2,400 as only just up the road. 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

United are a strange one. I think most people would agree they have a stronger defence than us. 6 goals conceded after 14 games is very impressive and I thought Declan Gallagher strolled it against us at Starks. On the flip side, we have had to change our defence every week and have been able to field 2 senior centre backs on the pitch at the same time for a grand total of 71 minutes across our last 12 games. As a result it seems we have to score 2 goals every week to get a result (which we’re managing).

However, United have only kept one clean sheet in their last 5 and have only conceded one less than us over the period so there is some encouragement there, albeit their cup results all season seem to be an outlier.

For us, I’m a bit worried that the midweek game and heavy pitch will have taken a bit out of us. Hopefully Murray and Hamilton are fit to come back in. Will be interesting to see what Murray goes with, I don’t think anyone can guess the line up or even the formation. I agree with those on the podcast that 4-2-3-1 with Byrne and Brown seems the sensible option and what I would go with but I have feeling Murray won’t, he always seems to go with the more front foot attacking option. I don’t think he’ll leave Brown out again but can see him keeping him in the back 4 or even returning to the 3 at the back.

I think Murray will play one of Connolly or Mullin because they have done well and both are good defensively to help against the United threat down their left. However, if I was picking a team to get our best players on the park at the moment, I’d probably go with the below with a diamond in the midfield. Don’t think we’ll see it though.

Dabrowski 

Millen     
Murray    
O’Reilly      
Dick

Byrne

Brown   
Stanton 

Easton

Vaughan      
Hamilton

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s one for the romantics.

I’ve been to Tannadice twice with Rovers and both games finished 2-2. Depends how burst I get today whether I make it there tomorrow.

My romantic heart thinks back to the previous games and says “yes, please. Let’s go!”. My realist of a brain says, “you’ll be hungover, behave, you’re going nowhere.”

Is this, and the umpteen other ones, genuine excuses or are you on the wind up?

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Anyway back to the footy. I thought we would have sold out the away end by now. Especially after beating Arbroath. Still time but I thought we'd maybe take 2,200-2,400 as only just up the road. 

I was thinking the same actually.  I do wonder if there are a few who don't want to sit on the ends of the shed and are waiting for the fair play stand to open up.  Dangerous game to play though as I would imagine they'll only do that if the shed sells out this afternoon.

6 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

They know who you are because they've got your licence plate.

Incorrect, they know who the registered keeper of the vehicle is as they have your licence plate , the vehicle is parked so it is not a moving traffic offence and as such the registered keeper is under no obligation to say who parked the vehicle.  Similar requests on the registered keeper re speeding fines etc are different as they are moving traffic offences which the registered keeper does have legal obligations but parking offences are different. So basically either pay the ticket or do not ever repond to any letters about it or acknowledge anything  and they eventually go away

Edited by spot on

30 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I was thinking the same actually.  I do wonder if there are a few who don't want to sit on the ends of the shed and are waiting for the fair play stand to open up.  Dangerous game to play though as I would imagine they'll only do that if the shed sells out this afternoon.

Looking at stadium plan under 100 tickets left behind the goals. 

Dabrowski

Millen     Brown     Murray   Dick

Byrne

Connolly     Stanton    Easton

Vaughan   Hamilton

@TxRover @Roath Raver - RaithTV situation? Apologies for using you both as my international subscriber information line.