Raith Rovers vs Ayr United, 22 Dec

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

We had a boxing day fixture at Somerset two years ago and got emptied 0-2.

Aye, that was an absolutely appaling performance as well. Don't think we had a shot on target. Probably began the rot that would lead into the Goodwillie debacle.

5 hours ago, renton said:

Aye, that was an absolutely appaling performance as well. Don't think we had a shot on target. Probably began the rot that would lead into the Goodwillie debacle.

We’re here at a time of high spirits for the festive season everyone excited for Christmas , coupled with al real feel good factor at the club not seen in years and you have to mention THAT NAME 🤢.  
The one positive is how much has changed for the better since that debacle that could have sunk our club. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

We’re here at a time of high spirits for the festive season everyone excited for Christmas , coupled with al real feel good factor at the club not seen in years and you have to mention THAT NAME 🤢.  
The one positive is how much has changed for the better since that debacle that could have sunk our club. 

He's not voldemort, people are allowed to say his name and enjoy how far we've come as a club since. (I may or may not be watching Harry Potter with the wee one) 

Going down to the Arbroath game, I was as confident as I've been in some time watching the Rovers - and we put in our worst performance of the season.

Difficult to know what to expect, for the first time this season there's real expectation on us now, especially with Utd playing at the same time.

Aye, it will be interesting to see how we handle now being properly ahead. Brings a different type of pressure and hope the crowd can stay patient if need be (its likely DU will be ahead and in cruise control nice and early, too). 

Regardless, buzzing for the game. Its absolutely brilliant watching this Rovers team and canny wait for some pre game pints with the boys. C'mon min!

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

He's not voldemort, people are allowed to say his name and enjoy how far we've come as a club since. (I may or may not be watching Harry Potter with the wee one) 

This. It's part of our history - our fans shouldn't shy away from it or try to act like it's a stain on us as a support. 

Cataclysmically shit decision making? Absolutely. Fan response? One of the most successful fan movements you'll see in Scottish football. Our supporters should never take shame in the fact that they raised the bar to ensure that he was told not to come back within a working week. 

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Cataclysmically shit decision making? Absolutely. Fan response? One of the most successful fan movements you'll see in Scottish football. Our supporters should never take shame in the fact that they raised the bar to ensure that he was told not to come back within a working week. 

This is exactly the same as my take on the situation. Plenty other fans gave us stick and some still do, but ultimately it was the fans that forced the clubs hand. WE stood our ground and didn’t accept the signing. Our fans deserve praise for what we done

46 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Raith Rovers will receive my money this weekend. Spend it wisely. 

26 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This. It's part of our history - our fans shouldn't shy away from it or try to act like it's a stain on us as a support. 

I posted here at the time that I felt sorry for the Rovers support and anyone point scoring should look inwardly to what they would do if their club decided to sign him. 

On a far lesser extent, we had to put up with the fallout of a sponsor giving us a wedge of cash while having topless models promoting the club and a Trump loving Chairman who loved getting it up lefty’s. It’s the support who bear the brunt of any backlash 

35 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's actually at the cringe stage seing the "rape rovers" shtick for me, which I'd assume you see a bit more on the podcasts twitter account etc. 

It's always the people who couldn't point to Raith on a map saying it also... 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I posted here at the time that I felt sorry for the Rovers support and anyone point scoring should look inwardly to what they would do if their club decided to sign him. 

On a far lesser extent, we had to put up with the fallout of a sponsor giving us a wedge of cash while having topless models promoting the club and a Trump loving Chairman who loved getting it up lefty’s. It’s the support who bear the brunt of any backlash 

16 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

This is exactly the same as my take on the situation. Plenty other fans gave us stick and some still do, but ultimately it was the fans that forced the clubs hand. WE stood our ground and didn’t accept the signing. Our fans deserve praise for what we done

Just now, grumswall said:

It's actually at the cringe stage seing the "rape rovers" shtick for me, which I'd assume you see a bit more on the podcasts twitter account etc. 

It's always the people who couldn't point to Raith on a map saying it also... 

You see it all. I can completely understand why our fans are sick of discussing the matter. On social media in particular it's pretty much a yardstick of how thick someone is. You'll still get people referring to Val McDermid on twitter. More recently, there was a Dunfermline fan who fired up three photos of Goodwillie in quick succession simply because the preview of our regular 'Inside Matchday' had a close up of one of their fans losing the rag in the preview clip. 

One of the key pillars of the club right now is 'bettering the town of Kirkcaldy'. It's been visible in the community foundation in particular. Ian Murray has alluded to it in a few of his interviews. The club has moved forwards leaps and bounds since the decisions made on 31st January 2022. Andrew Barrowman said after last weekend that "this isn't a run of form - this is a movement" and that will probably resonate quite a lot within our support. 

Was having a cup of tea and thinking of people who have played for or managed both clubs.

So far I have:

Gordon Dalziel

David Craig

John Hughes

Ludovic Roy

Kevin Cuthbert

Dario Zanatta

Liam Buchanan

Gareth Wardlaw

Ryan Borris

Frankie Musonda

Eddie Annand