Broxi Bear vs Brogan the Dog - Wednesday 20th December

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Out of interest, on which occasions do you think Lundstram should’ve been sent off for bad tackles?

We’d be here awhile if I could be bothered going through and refreshing my memory.

Two incidents that  jump immediately to mind is his WWE like big boot against Eintracht.

He had a follow through “scissor” tackle on Kyogo that he was booked for, but an Aberdeen player got sent off for something similar.

I’m pretty sure fans of other clubs can wade in with examples of Lundstram thuggery.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No.

Its worthless debate to have as Rangers fans are blind to it, but you regularly get away with things other clubs (Celtic aside) simply dont.

The elbow on Sprangler last night is a red if a Saints player does it.

Well I don’t think it’s worthless if the claim is clubs don’t get these decisions against us when there was a specific example of it happening a mere two weeks ago.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think we get more favourable decisions compared to others, but to imply it never happens is wrong, IMO.

7 minutes ago, stressball said:

We’d be here awhile if I could be bothered going through and refreshing my memory.

Two incidents that  jump immediately to mind is his WWE like big boot against Eintracht.

He had a follow through “scissor” tackle on Kyogo that he was booked for, but an Aberdeen player got sent off for something similar.

I’m pretty sure fans of other clubs can wade in with examples of Lundstram thuggery.

Fair enough, I can’t recall the two incidents specifically so I will take your word for it

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well I don’t think it’s worthless if the claim is clubs don’t get these decisions against us when there was a specific example of it happening a mere two weeks ago.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think we get more favourable decisions compared to others, but to imply it never happens is wrong, IMO.

The bottom line is that opponents of Rangers will get decisions like the recent sending off maybe twice out of ten and penalties none out of ten, Rangers get decisions like sendings off nine of ten and penalties eleven out of ten times.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not even the worst tackle youll ever see in a Rangers v St Johnstone game at Ibrox...

He's had a few bad tackles like that, there was one in Europe that was utterly ridiculous. 

I'm sure that he got a two match ban for that 'tackle' against Murray Davidson. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

The bottom line is that opponents of Rangers will get decisions like the recent sending off maybe twice out of ten and penalties none out of ten, Rangers get decisions like sendings off nine of ten and penalties eleven out of ten times.

And again, I’m not denying that we get more favourable decisions more often than others.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Maybe so, but Rangers opponents on the day got no advantage from that.

And if there was no VAR last night we wouldn’t have got any advantage either considering the referee only gave a yellow to begin with.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I think you mean MORE.

I’m not sure what you mean. I said more twice in my post.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Maybe so, but Rangers opponents on the day got no advantage from that.

Similar to last nights game where the ref initially only gave a booking. Maybe we should have had VAR in sooner.

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

And if there was no VAR last night we wouldn’t have got any advantage either considering the referee only gave a yellow to begin with.

I’m not sure what you mean. I said more twice in my post.

Your first sentence makes no logical sense. And I was accentuating the MORE. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Your first sentence makes no logical sense. And I was accentuating the MORE. 

Perhaps it’s the way I wrote it then. To try and explain it, maybe better wording is “I’m not denying we get favourable decisions more than others”.

32 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

It boggles the mind how the ref can only initially give a yellow there. Are they doing it intentionally becaue they know VAR can bail them out?

That's exactly what I thought. He's passed the buck. Would've been a straight red in a non-VAR game

42 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

It boggles the mind how the ref can only initially give a yellow there. Are they doing it intentionally becaue they know VAR can bail them out?

Yes, they absolutely crap out all the time now. It was very obvious to everyone it was a red. VAR is meant to clear up obvious errors, not make the decision for them.

There was a red at the weekend in EPL (can't mind which game), where the ref was in the absolute perfect view and was maybe 5 yards away and gave a yellow thst the VAR upgraded to red.