Broxi Bear vs Brogan the Dog - Wednesday 20th December

43 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

It boggles the mind how the ref can only initially give a yellow there. Are they doing it intentionally becaue they know VAR can bail them out?

Refs have a split second view and get things wrong,  VAR gives them a chance to double check.

Hearts recently had a red card rescinded and a penalty given after VAR intervened in a game against us.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Refs have a split second view and get things wrong,  VAR gives them a chance to double check.

Hearts recently had a red card rescinded and a penalty given after VAR intervened in a game against us.

They must have had an east coast mason on the VAR that day. 

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Of course they do in debatable situations. In this instance there can't have been any doubt about what the decision should be whic makes me wonder if they are making a deliberate choice to not give the red, which is completely different from an honest mistake.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Can't have been that recent. We've not had a penalty awarded to us all season.

I do remember that wee shit McAusland diving earlier this season and VAR saying it was definitely still a Penalty for Rangers though.

Red all day long don't think anyone is  not agreeing with that, In the old days it was described as " a Forwards tackle" a player being hopelessly played out of position and out of his depth makes a poor tackle to try to win the ball!

Clements claims are shocking though IMO. He shouting about Dan Philips tackle being a leg breaker can i ask how come? he goes in hard wins the ball easily and nothing wrong with it ? Liam Gordon goes in hard wins the ball easily and that clown Cantwell goes down like he has a broken leg rolls about for what seemed like an eternity. If these tackles are now Kicking people of the park then the game as we know as football is finished might as well change the name to Futsal and be done with it!

Also from the old days of football a player like Lundstram is your "If you give it out. you got to be prepared to take it" Watched him a few times for Sheffield United years ago and i always thought he was a bit of the Hammer thrower TBH.

Reports from some of the guys at the game the Jaiyesimi was racially abused when going off ! Now that might be something for Mr Clement to describe as shocking ! although he hears that type of abuse every game i suppose! 

Edited by Center half

Just now, Old Pack said:

If Lundstrum makes that tackle it’s 100 % a yellow card at Ibrox.

Don’t think anyone can argue it wasn’t a red card especially in today’s game. However DJ was making a genuine attempt for the ball, depending which angle you watch actually wins the ball while Lundstram attempts a two footed block tackle.

Contrast this with Dowell throwing a shoulder into Sprangler’s face after the ball has gone. No attempt to play the ball, just an assault on a player not in a position to defend himself. Unsurprisingly there was no card issued. As random guy said earlier, it’s not the decisions Rangers get, it’s the ones their opponents don’t get that makes a difference. Imagine they had to play 85 minutes with 10 men last night and tell me that wouldn’t have made a difference 

51 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

If Lundstrum makes that tackle it’s 100 % a yellow card at Ibrox.

We've already had two players sent off at Ibrox this season in the league. Why would a red card offence (and let's be clear here, it's absolutely a red card) be different if it were Lundstram committing the foul?

1 hour ago, Center half said:

Liam Gordon goes in hard wins the ball easily and that clown Cantwell goes down like he has a broken leg rolls about for what seemed like an eternity.

That was kind of hilarious. Such an obvious dive that even his team mates just kept playing on and ignored him rolling about squealing in the box. Incredibly his leg miraculously reattached itself by the next attack. 

Quite why he didnt get a booking for it is beyond me, but then again its Ibrox.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

Can't have been that recent. We've not had a penalty awarded to us all season.

I do remember that wee shit McAusland diving earlier this season and VAR saying it was definitely still a Penalty for Rangers though.

It was in November. 

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I seen the offending tweet. Some people are lost causes and deserve everything that comes their way. They will get traced even if it's a faceless twitter account.

It wasnt a faceless Twitter account, their real name and online profiles on Steam etc., were found within a couple of hours and presumably handed to the police.

Someone who plays some game with them recognised the username and helped the search.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wasnt a faceless Twitter account, their real name and online profiles on Steam etc., were found within a couple of hours and presumably handed to the police.

Someone who plays some game with them recognised the username and helped the search.

Even better then if folk have managed to save the police a bit of time in tracing them.

4 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Don’t think anyone can argue it wasn’t a red card especially in today’s game. However DJ was making a genuine attempt for the ball, depending which angle you watch actually wins the ball while Lundstram attempts a two footed block tackle.

Contrast this with Dowell throwing a shoulder into Sprangler’s face after the ball has gone. No attempt to play the ball, just an assault on a player not in a position to defend himself. Unsurprisingly there was no card issued. As random guy said earlier, it’s not the decisions Rangers get, it’s the ones their opponents don’t get that makes a difference. Imagine they had to play 85 minutes with 10 men last night and tell me that wouldn’t have made a difference 

The assault on Sprangler was the worst the whole night. Why that wasn’t a booking only the ref knows. Did the Rangers manager miss that or is it ok if done by one of his players?