Dumbarton vs Clyde

Match Outcome  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/23 at 14:00

I think there's a fair argument that Dumbarton have given us our biggest chasing this season, and each of the two previous campaigns as well. 

That said, despite awful results, we have been competitive in every single away game this season, so hopefully this will at least be competitive.

I'd imagine we'll start with the eleven who began the second half on Saturday. I'd play Parry in the hope our keeper might actually save a shot.

I can see this being very similar to the Elgin game a few weeks ago where we had to be really patient trying to find a way to break them down. Because I'd imagine Clyde would be quite happy to get down the road with a point, especially given anything between now and January is probably a bonus for them.

I can't see it being anywhere near as easy as the last time now they have a competent manager at the helm. I just hope we've got enough quality in the final third to get over the line. And I hope Carlo is alright after his knock at the weekend; our full-backs are vital to the way we play, and destroyed Clyde at NDP.

Sounded like it was illness that ruled Durnan out at the weekend, so hopefully he's fixed up and has trained this week. Faz was keen for his first games back to be on grass, so maybe this would suit him. Be good to have Ryan Wallace back too, albeit he'll have to make do with a spot on the bench given Jinky Hilton's 10/10 showing on Saturday.

Hopefully the pitch holds up and the weather isn't too bad. I'm confident that we can outplay teams on good pitches in normal conditions. But I don't really want a windswept slog of a 90 minutes on a sandy, boggy porridge. We'll have enough of those in February/March I'd imagine...

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can see this being very similar to the Elgin game a few weeks ago where we had to be really patient trying to find a way to break them down.

I was just thinking that. Hopefully it's not similar to the Elgin game in February, where everyone expected us to win...

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

If stags still closed ,  Ah Take it closest pub outwith bowling club is on high street guys...🤔

It won't help for this Saturday but I passed this morning and the doors were open, the lights were on and there were a couple of ladders on view.  I heard there was a closing date of this month so things may be moving.

I certainly hope so as I left a dark rum and coke on the bar.

My gut feeling is that it's too soon yet, but this is exactly the kind of fixture with the potential to herald Dumbarton's annual implosion. Given the extremely likely outcome of falling a double-digit tally of points behind champions elect Stenny, anything but a win would surely have the fickle FazOuts turning to toxicity for the remainder of the campaign.

Now that we're very much into the final leg of the Dead Men Walking's farewell tour, I have to say that I'm more concerned about the Stenhousemuir game, given their better form and our tendency to produce honking performances at home; we could still take a handsome rogering in this one though, so any kind of points would be extremely welcome.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I reserve the right to be absolutely wrong and no-one is allowed to slag me off if we get beat.

Apologies to all other Sons fans but I'm supposed to be attending this one, (I normally don't because I live in Fife but for a big birthday my two sons are treating me to hospitality.)

Therefore it's likely to be a Clyde win.