Dumbarton vs Clyde

Match Outcome  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/23 at 14:00

Well done to Clyde for digging out a most unlikely point, and I expect they will now build on this.  Despite the dire conditions there was a semblance of a team in there, and once McCall adds a few bodies there will very likely be fewer points between these teams the next time they meet.

As for Dumbarton, it has all been said.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

10 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Brilliant 

IMG_4239.jpeg

Thought there should have been a few bookings in amongst the celebrations to be honest.

Ref was a bit hit and miss today. Too many soft yellows in the first half and then hardly gave any in the second (I suspect because it would have resulted in a few reds).

Also, how can he give a foul to Clyde based on the supporters shouting? He wasn't even looking and turned round on the shouts from the crowd and gave the free kick. And a yellow on the basis of a Clyde players complaints. Both in the first half. Didn't look like anything would be given to T Wallace until the Clyde player said something and then the card came out.

Edited by squeezebox-son

The ref was really poor, for both teams. Both penalties seemed to be questionable (Dumbarton's moreso), he got in the way of a Clyde player in a fairly standard passage of play in the first half, he had his decision overturned by the equally poor stand-side linesman in the second half, while a Clyde player was off the park to ready himself for a throw-in he'd initially awarded for us. As I said earlier, it's par for the course at this level but I don't think it had much of a bearing on the outcome today, mercifully. Dumbarton fans will rightly be very disappointed by their collapse but it was as good a spectacle as I think you could ask for in those conditions. In the end, a draw was about fair.

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The ref was really poor, for both teams. Both penalties seemed to be questionable (Dumbarton's moreso), he got in the way of a Clyde player in a fairly standard passage of play in the first half, he had his decision overturned by the equally poor stand-side linesman in the second half, while a Clyde player was off the park to ready himself for a throw-in he'd initially awarded for us. As I said earlier, it's par for the course at this level but I don't think it had much of a bearing on the outcome today, mercifully. Dumbarton fans will rightly be very disappointed by their collapse but it was as good a spectacle as I think you could ask for in those conditions. In the end, a draw was about fair.

Agree with all this. Really poor ref, and despite the goals being late, Clyde would have been really hard done by to get nothing.