Gen Z “suffering menu anxiety at restaurants”

ICTChris

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

Apparently the baby boom finished in 1964, so the youngest are only 59 now.

My generation seems to be doing just fine in taking over from them. The Karens love to moan about youngsters to their manager. It'll be interesting to see how the Millennials end up being c***s to their offspring.

I'm fair chuffed to be called young, hasn't happened in a while! 

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm  more interested in what you were searching to get that? 

It "went viral" the algorithm on Instagram pushed it up everyones feeds.

I thought it was clever marketing but turns out Thai folk aren't aware of that English translation.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

As good a place as any to put it in here. I had cause to be going through Uddingston last week. Have any PbBers ever eaten in a Shatin Chinese? 

IMG_7721.png

Knowingly? No.

But I did a food hygiene course with the council, and they showed us anonymous pictures of the kitchens at takeaways in the area that had failed inspections. Some were so horrifying that turds in the special sauce would've been no surprise whatsoever.

15 hours ago, alta-pete said:

As good a place as any to put it in here. I had cause to be going through Uddingston last week. Have any PbBers ever eaten in a Shatin Chinese? 

IMG_7721.png

I used to live across the road from there and that is the best Chinese around that neck of the woods, the chippy 2 up from it isn't the best !!

17 hours ago, alta-pete said:

IMG_7721.png

Sha Tin is the name of one of Hong Kong' s horse racing tracks.  It's also a district there- I never went so I can't say I shat in ShaTin.

18 hours ago, 101 said:

It "went viral" the algorithm on Instagram pushed it up everyones feeds.

I thought it was clever marketing but turns out Thai folk aren't aware of that English translation.

image.png.8ab18315dde63cb70bbf9e3b17ce0c54.png

On 03/02/2024 at 10:32, alta-pete said:

IMG_7721.png

There is a now closed take away on the main road in Stockport, always wonder what they were trying to say that got it translated as "reliable food" which judging by the reviews might not be accurate. 

Screenshot_20240204_105555_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1385dce4e8ce3c26a4630f2b5139fd82.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_105840_Chrome.thumb.jpg.517ce184012c7cb88e2f6ab5d4ac2d15.jpg

12 hours ago, Geddy_Lee said:

I used to live across the road from there and that is the best Chinese around that neck of the woods, the chippy 2 up from it isn't the best !!

Wok Cuisine used to be the best imo, but it's dropped off dramatically.

Agree RE: Marini's - Carlin's chippy was the best before it just shut one day.

"Restaurant-U-Fuk" brings back memories of "Spud-U-Like".

Kids, there was a time when a baked potato was considered exotic in these fair isles.

45 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"Restaurant-U-Fuk" brings back memories of "Spud-U-Like".

Kids, there was a time when a baked potato was considered exotic in these fair isles.

Mr. Chukityleafs was our baked tattie shoap of choice way back when. Corned beef & beanz was a fave nosh for a while..............

In the old days we didn't care if there were nuts, e-numbers, MSG or gluten. We weren't rabid vegetarians or vegans and we knew how much we could spend. Gen-Z can look up menus before reaching the restaurant and find out prices, using the interweb.

They are weak. Let them stress themselves into early graves. Let their morbid Goth-like features dissolve into obscurity and become pale as their bodies are denied proteins; their bodies filled only with the gruel of their ideologies.

Alternatively, don't go to a restaurant. 

12 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

There is a now closed take away on the main road in Stockport, always wonder what they were trying to say that got it translated as "reliable food" which judging by the reviews might not be accurate. 

Screenshot_20240204_105555_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1385dce4e8ce3c26a4630f2b5139fd82.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_105840_Chrome.thumb.jpg.517ce184012c7cb88e2f6ab5d4ac2d15.jpg

I'd like a spicy Tikka. Just drain away excess oil.

On 03/02/2024 at 10:32, alta-pete said:

IMG_7721.png

I think that place has some dish that had tiktokers going daft, a giant chicken ball or something along those lines. 

I was brought up Darn Sarf, chief.

The Spud-U-Like opening at the Hempstead Valley shopping centre had all the auld dears clucking away about the modern Eighties world of food. Don't get me started on that futuristic pasta stuff.