Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

46 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Which won't matter when an English Championship club offers to quadruple his wages. Unfortunately. 

The boy's a real talent and I genuinely hope you guys get decent money for him when he goes.  Unlike us who would get a bag of beans and a future fee if he ever trained as an astronaut and completed a moon landing. 

No problem with any player leaving for the right money.

He has just signed a new contract. Best we might do is sell him in January with a loan-back clause. 

Would be upset if it was less than £1 million though. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye ive misremembered it, tbh. Had it in my head the ball was going towards the corner flag too but its not.

Screenshot_20231223_215527_BBCiPlayer.thumb.jpg.e982bc5492b636f2f04611acaae6fdc4.jpg

Surprised they didnt ask him to view it again tbh.

You were right the first time, the touch is taking him miles away from goal and I think he'd probably be about 5 yards from the touchline by the time he got it. Thought it was just a yellow at the time for that reason and watching back on Sportscene confirmed that for me.

Edited by craigkillie

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You were right the first time, the touch is taking him miles away from goal and I think he'd probably be about 5 yards from the touchline by the time he got it. Thought it was just a yellow at the time for that reason and watching back on Sportscene confirmed that for me.

I thought it was going wider and we had more cover, but aye, never a red.

That whole sequence the one issue with Mitov and why i think we'll maybe hold onto him longer than we should, hes pretty dreadful with the ball at his feet. His kicking is Cerny-esque with just blootering it out the park most of the time.

Yeah, I've just seen Sportscene and that's a worse miss from Gallagher than I thought at the time. 

We've got a horrendous habit of dropping points after Vassell misses a sitter - thinking specifically about Motherwell away this year - absolutely hung on to those points yesterday, which is really ridiculous given how we started the game.

Side note, is Craig Levein the acquisition of the season?

3 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

No problem with any player leaving for the right money.

He has just signed a new contract. Best we might do is sell him in January with a loan-back clause. 

Would be upset if it was less than £1 million though. 

It's Armstrong's vision for me that sets him apart. He has the vision to pick out a pass that lesser footballers just don't see. Plus he has the skill to regularly skin folk for fun. The more i see him the more i think we should be telling interested clubs £5m or don't even bother. 

43 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Side note, is Craig Levein the acquisition of the season?

Time well tell.

Theres still some question marks over his decision making, particularly during games. He regularly waits too long to change things and his changes often make us worse too. Unknown whether thats on him, or whether its because the majority of our back up players are shite.

Any manager capable of organising a team was going to look great after the MacLean experiment. 

19 minutes ago, Fide said:

It's Armstrong's vision for me that sets him apart. He has the vision to pick out a pass that lesser footballers just don't see. Plus he has the skill to regularly skin folk for fun. The more i see him the more i think we should be telling interested clubs £5m or don't even bother. 

Ill get pelters for this, again, but i think he struggles to be a standout much higher than a mid/upper level club in this division. Being a standout for a Killie side chasing the top half/Europe is the perfect level for him to both be comfortable and a star player, and if/when he chases the cash and pushes for a move probably down South he'll get lost amongst better team mates and never show his real quality again.

As an example I see Rangers fans on Twitter wanting them to sign him (and Watson) today, and i think he'd be nothing more than a Scott Wright figure at best.

We had similar with Matty Kennedy funnily. Key player for us, absolute standout, then goes to Aberdeen and sees less of the ball and cant replicate the output.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Time well tell.

Theres still some question marks over his decision making, particularly during games. He regularly waits too long to change things and his changes often make us worse too. Unknown whether thats on him, or whether its because the majority of our back up players are shite.

Any manager capable of organising a team was going to look great after the MacLean experiment. 

The answer is no. He’s doing fine but he cost us getting anything from that game yesterday - it’s not the first time. The changes after we got a goal back were baffling. The change of shape was working well and actually made us threatening down either side, so to change back to a 3-5-2 made no sense - especially when you’re bringing James fucking Brown on to revert to that shape. 

Edited by PSJ.84

34 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

The St Johnstone no 34 was honking. Who is he? Game changer taking him off

That’ll be Dan Phillips, who has been very good for us this season on the whole, but funnily enough seems to ever play well on a plastic pitch. No idea why, but regularly has a stinker on them.  

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ill get pelters for this, again, but i think he struggles to be a standout much higher than a mid/upper level club in this division. Being a standout for a Killie side chasing the top half/Europe is the perfect level for him to both be comfortable and a star player, and if/when he chases the cash and pushes for a move probably down South he'll get lost amongst better team mates and never show his real quality again.

As an example I see Rangers fans on Twitter wanting them to sign him (and Watson) today, and i think he'd be nothing more than a Scott Wright figure at best.

We had similar with Matty Kennedy funnily. Key player for us, absolute standout, then goes to Aberdeen and sees less of the ball and cant replicate the output.

I think that's slightly harsh on Armstrong given his goal involvement stats which are surely best in the league (?). 

I don't know how far he can go. He's 26 now and has only come on to this form relatively recently in relation to his overall career. It's not a purple patch by any means, so perhaps he's a late bloomer and will continue to improve to the point that he can be playing English Championship or Premier level, who knows.

£5m is wishful thinking, given our transfer record is £1.9m for Naismith, but he's surely worth £1m+ to us potentially in terms of prize money etc. if he stays to the end of his contract, so I wouldn't entertain offers below about £1.2m.

2 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

The St Johnstone no 34 was honking. Who is he? Game changer taking him off

Dan Phillips. Hes very good usually but his passing is very inconsistent as is his tackling, so im not convinced hes suited at all to being the holding midfielder, and sometimes he has days where those things are obvious.

1 hour ago, Paxo said:

I think that's slightly harsh on Armstrong given his goal involvement stats which are surely best in the league (?). 

Aye i wasnt trying to downplay how well hes been for you, feels like theres little doubt hes one of the most dangerous non-OF players in the league, i just dont think he'd be as dangerous if he wasnt a key man in a set up and would score/assist less as he'd see less of the ball in dangerous areas.

I know how stupid it sounds/is.

5 hours ago, Paxo said:

He's level will Shankland and Kyogo, so in good company. 

Screenshot_20231224_194635_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.fb24a1e0a84a2f979b19d373adebe713.jpg

But if our strikers could finish he'd be romping home. His chances created stat is off the charts. 

Screenshot_20231224_194617_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.7f12d8e809a41027fd19135a5e30be52.jpg