Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

Funny game football, a good 20 minutes can be enough to win you a game. I thought we were spectacular for 20-30 minutes and after that took our foot off their throat. For most of the first half it was probably fair enough as they didn't threaten to do anything with it. In the second I thought it started backfiring on us and just allowed them to grow back in to the game and get a goal. They could and should have had a second, too.

Danny Armstrong simply can't stay a Killie player for much longer. He's too consistently good. Game after game teams are putting a couple of guys round him and he beats them with a consistency and flair that you don't often see in this league. Expecting a bidding war and hope we hold steady and let the price rise.

David Watson's finish, actually can't wait to see that back on Sportscene and then again on the cameras Killie have behind the goals for their social media stuff. His second wondergoal in as many weeks. At 18, it's clear the boy is going to go on to have a superb career.

Delighted for Watkins, a player I really like. Thought he took his goal brilliantly.

After that it became a scrap, which was probably to be expected with the managers involved and the weather being what it was.

I'm keen to see the yellow card back as it seemed very obvious to me that Vassell got there first, the keeper knew that so attacked him with no intent to win the ball, and in doing so denied Vassell either shooting in to an empty net from the wide angle, or squaring it for a tap in. I'd love Beaton to explain why that's only a yellow?

Similarly, not sure why they won their free kick outside our box, so hope to see a replay that clears that up.

An excellent 3 points that moves us clear of the excellent, wonderful, sensational St Mirren in their absolute best season ever...

8 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I'm keen to see the yellow card back as it seemed very obvious to me that Vassell got there first, the keeper knew that so attacked him with no intent to win the ball, and in doing so denied Vassell either shooting in to an empty net from the wide angle, or squaring it for a tap in. I'd love Beaton to explain why that's only a yellow?

We had at least one defender in the box and Vassell had taken such a poor touch it was closer to going out of play than anything else by the time he got taken out.

Its never a red.

8 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Funny game football, a good 20 minutes can be enough to win you a game. I thought we were spectacular for 20-30 minutes and after that took our foot off their throat. For most of the first half it was probably fair enough as they didn't threaten to do anything with it. In the second I thought it started backfiring on us and just allowed them to grow back in to the game and get a goal. They could and should have had a second, too.

Danny Armstrong simply can't stay a Killie player for much longer. He's too consistently good. Game after game teams are putting a couple of guys round him and he beats them with a consistency and flair that you don't often see in this league. Expecting a bidding war and hope we hold steady and let the price rise.

David Watson's finish, actually can't wait to see that back on Sportscene and then again on the cameras Killie have behind the goals for their social media stuff. His second wondergoal in as many weeks. At 18, it's clear the boy is going to go on to have a superb career.

Delighted for Watkins, a player I really like. Thought he took his goal brilliantly.

After that it became a scrap, which was probably to be expected with the managers involved and the weather being what it was.

Similarly, not sure why they won their free kick outside our box, so hope to see a replay that clears that up.

An excellent 3 points that moves us clear of the excellent, wonderful, sensational St Mirren in their absolute best season ever...

Regarding the free kick, I might be getting incidents mixed up though but it hit an arm when the St Johnstone player crossed it.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had at least one defender in the box and Vassell had taken such a poor touch it was closer to going out of play than anything else by the time he got taken out.

Its never a red.

Not arguing that until I see it back. At the game it seemed obvious he or the man square would score, and it was definitely an assault rather than a genuine attempt to play the ball. Reserve the right to change my mind.

I also thought he could and should have just stayed on his feet.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

I'd like to wish all our Perth meh chums a very merry Christmas. Genuinely hope you stay up and Martindale's franchise clowncar get relegated. 

Merry Xmas to all the Killie fans too and you will have all of us backing you on the 30th 🤗👍

11 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Not arguing that until I see it back. At the game it seemed obvious he or the man square would score, and it was definitely an assault rather than a genuine attempt to play the ball. Reserve the right to change my mind.

I also thought he could and should have just stayed on his feet.

Aye can see why, from certain angles in the ground, it might have looked a lot closer than it was. My memory from the stream/replays was it was never likely to directly result in a goal due to where the ball was headed.

Mitov was late, and took out Vassell to the point i dont think he couldve stayed on his feet, but its just a yellow. It wasnt dangerous or anything, just late.

33 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Superb. He’s going to make you guys a good bit of money, even more so now he’s adding goals to his game. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely be raging with this if i supported Killie.

Have us on the ropes in the first half but randomly stop attacking after 25 minutes, then spend the final 25 minutes hanging on and time wasting against a side with no away wins all season. 

Aw, diddums 

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Just seen it for the first time on Sportscene and its a lovely goal, not much really doable about it from Mitov.

Terrible by Gallacher for the open goal miss, genuinely how does a player miss that?

Brilliant attempt by Brown to chip Mitov.

Edited by Muirton Saint

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its never a red.

I didn't think you had anyone in the middle, I thought it was Watkins there on his own. I could be wrong, and I don't think it was a red either way. I'm more annoyed as Vassell could easily have stayed on his feet and squared if for a tap in. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Miss of the season there from Gallacher, as simple a chance as youll ever get.

I don't even think it was the miss of this game. Vassells in the first half was like Iwelumo's.

A game we should really have been out of sight in, but ended up making life very difficult for ourselves again.

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

I didn't think you had anyone in the middle, I thought it was Watkins there on his own. I could be wrong, and I don't think it was a red either way. I'm more annoyed as Vassell could easily have stayed on his feet and squared if for a tap in. 

Aye ive misremembered it, tbh. Had it in my head the ball was going towards the corner flag too but its not.

Screenshot_20231223_215527_BBCiPlayer.thumb.jpg.e982bc5492b636f2f04611acaae6fdc4.jpg

Surprised they didnt ask him to view it again tbh.

5 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Superb. He’s going to make you guys a good bit of money, even more so now he’s adding goals to his game. 

A great bit of business from McInnes to get him signed up until June 2026 just 3 weeks ago.

4 hours ago, the west curve said:

He’s one of our own. I’ll leave it there.

Which won't matter when an English Championship club offers to quadruple his wages. Unfortunately. 

The boy's a real talent and I genuinely hope you guys get decent money for him when he goes.  Unlike us who would get a bag of beans and a future fee if he ever trained as an astronaut and completed a moon landing.