Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Even giving St Johnstone games multiple chances to overtake us and they're still not getting anywhere closer like @RandomGuy.predicted.

I didnt "predict" anything?

I said Dundee fans shouldnt be bragging about being safe and in the top 6 when we're just a few results swing away from joining you points wise.

Genuinely be raging with this if i supported Killie.

Have us on the ropes in the first half but randomly stop attacking after 25 minutes, then spend the final 25 minutes hanging on and time wasting against a side with no away wins all season. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Costelloe and Brown killed any momentum.

Just shite.

Yup. A bad day for Levein really.

Stupid initial set up, waited too long to bring Clark on, then brings on 2 absolutely shite players to help Killie see the game out.

Livi game massive.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have us on the ropes in the first half but randomly stop attacking after 25 minutes, then spend the final 25 minutes hanging on and time wasting against a side with no away wins all season. 

Yep. Absolutely raging. 

Anyhoo- up to 4th. 

1 minute ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Yep. Absolutely raging. 

Anyhoo- up to 4th. 

Because Tony Gallacher has no functioning feet.

If you cant see the issues how McInnes "saw out" that game, simply because the final scoreline, then youll find it continues until it starts costing you regularly.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you cant see the issues how McInnes "saw out" that game, simply because the final scoreline, then youll find it continues until it starts costing you regularly.

Och see now I’m even more raging. 

Cost us all the way to 4th. 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Merry Christmas 🎅 and dry yer eyes.

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Behind in a game and we bring on Brown. What the f**k does the manager see in this guy. Fair enough if we,re strolling and need to give someone a rest FFS. 

Aye.

Some players like Sprangler and May virtually dumped for, presumably, not being good enough, yet we still get stuck with dross like Brown, Costelloe and Jaiyesimi regularly.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's McInnes' style. It always has been. I'm sure Kilmarnock fans are raging about being 4th with it.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's McInnes' style. It always has been. I'm sure Kilmarnock fans are raging about being 4th with it.

Im aware, aye, as he was our manager for years.

Itll always mean his sides are never in bother, but will also always hold them back. They were literally millimetres from blowing that today because of it when it shouldnt have even been close.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not raging, as we won, and has been said previously, we're up to 4th. Why on earth we decided to stop pressing after 30 minutes is baffling though. We had our foot on their throat and they couldn't get near our half, but we decided too drop 20 yards deeper for some bizarre reason and allow them back into it. There was a point in the first 20 minutes where the St Johnstone press didn't kick in until 10 yards outside their box we were that dominant. 

The less said about the second half the better - we looked insanely nervous.

Vassell needs a shake. Two brilliant chances he's missed today and if he has the confidence to stay on his feet when tackled by the keeper then it's a tap in for Watkins in the box. 

Still, 4th place and a positive goal difference at Christmas. Wahey. 

Edited by Coooombe

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nup, yer still ragin.

Maybe Santa will bring you something for that pettied lip 👍

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im aware, aye, as he was our manager for years.

Itll always mean his sides are never in bother, but will also always hold them back. They were literally millimetres from blowing that today because of it when it shouldnt have even been close.

You said he randomly did it, it's not random if that's his general way of managing.

His decision also ultimately was justified as his team left with 3 points.

Yeah, it could have been a hiding perhaps but the end result was the same and I can't see Kilmarnock fans being raging at a style of play that currently has his team 4th I'm the top flight. You also say he'll hold them back, without being disrespectful to Kilmarnock, I can't see them ever being much more than 4th with the occasional fight for 3rd

A far cry from when he took over and they looked like they might bottle a title race with Arbroath.

Good game in the end once we started playing. If Nicky Clark stays fit we will be absolutely fine as we actually look a threat when he’s on the pitch. 

I’ll need to see it back but looked like Brown was awful again and nearly cost us another goal. Killie looked spooked after we got the goal after completely blowing us away in the first half. Desperately need some pace down the wings. 

Shame the Killie boys felt the need to start a fight with FCU and likely will continue outside the ground. 

But well done to Killie. Any team that beats the ugly sisters gets my support. 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Nup, yer still ragin.

Maybe Santa will bring you something for that pettied lip 👍

No petted lip, you deservedly won and a far better side than us. If you hadnt stopped in the first half it could quite easily have been 3/4, and i suspect if Kennedy had been fit and playing it might have been.

I just can't stand managers who think the best approach to a lead is just trying to grimly hold onto it. Leveins the same and its cost us wins every month.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You said he randomly did it, it's not random if that's his general way of managing.

His decision also ultimately was justified as his team left with 3 points.

Yeah, it could have been a hiding perhaps but the end result was the same and I can't see Kilmarnock fans being raging at a style of play that currently has his team 4th I'm the top flight. You also say he'll hold them back, without being disrespectful to Kilmarnock, I can't see them ever being much more than 4th with the occasional fight for 3rd

A far cry from when he took over and they looked like they might bottle a title race with Arbroath.

I dont think theyll finish 4th, or even 5th, when that should be their realistic aim in this particular league this season.