Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

49 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Yeah 4 actual defenders for this as well will need Brown back in midfield. Don't know what the deal is with O'Reilly if he'll stay on after January? 

You mean after Arbroath? It seems his contract is through 31/12/2023.

On 24/12/2023 at 18:55, lichtie23 said:

I expect Turan to replace the suspended Bird. A massive ask for us to even get a point out of this game. 

Probably, this isn’t the worst game for Bird to miss, our season isn’t going to be defined by results against Raith or United

Enduring a really rough day weatherwise here so decided to have a look ahead to the weekend for the game.

Weather forecast for this isn't looking too good at all.

As it stands, it's giving heavy rain and windy with some strong gusts just to put an edge on things. Nothing probably Arbroath aren't used to, but, overall, not conducive to silky soccer. 

This may change nearer Saturday.🤞

1 hour ago, embow said:

Enduring a really rough day weatherwise here so decided to have a look ahead to the weekend for the game.

As it stands, it's giving heavy rain and windy with some strong gusts just to put an edge on things. Nothing probably Arbroath aren't used to, but, overall, not conducive to silky soccer. 

Wow never seen this coming, trying to get the match off

2 hours ago, embow said:

I've been watching the weather due to my visit...the forecast last weekend (at kickoff) started 2C with a 40 mph west wind and light rain...changed to 4C, 15 mph southwest wind and partial cloudy...then 6C, 7 mph north wind and sunny...and back to 4C, 30 mph northeast wind and a moderate rain. It's now 4C, 20 mph east southeast wind and moderate rain. I fully expect either a hurricane or blizzard at this rate...just as long as the wrong sorts of leaves aren't obstructing the tracks!

On 26/12/2023 at 19:59, ecto said:

Probably, this isn’t the worst game for Bird to miss, our season isn’t going to be defined by results against Raith or United

In my role as Turan's cheerleader, I think he's better at bringing others into the game than Bird is.  Going by last week, Hylton will probably agree...

I think Bird has a much better eye for goal, no doubt there, but as a "big man up front", while he's improving all the time, I actually think Turan has showed he can play that role.  Obviously, I'd pick Bird in front of Turan, just saying that having Turan up front with McIntosh and Hylton supporting is potentially not the worst thing in the world!

7 hours ago, embow said:

heavy rain and windy with some strong gusts just to put an edge on things. Nothing probably Arbroath aren't used to,

You are aware that Arbroath (along with Dundee and a few other east coast towns) is ranked as one of the driest towns in Scotland ?

Barcelona gets more rainfall than Arbroath !

12 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

In my role as Turan's cheerleader, I think he's better at bringing others into the game than Bird is.  Going by last week, Hylton will probably agree...

I think Bird has a much better eye for goal, no doubt there, but as a "big man up front", while he's improving all the time, I actually think Turan has showed he can play that role.  Obviously, I'd pick Bird in front of Turan, just saying that having Turan up front with McIntosh and Hylton supporting is potentially not the worst thing in the world!

Maybe feels that way as all Turan seems to do is take a touch with his back facing the opposition goal and then lay it off, only time he’s any use is if the ball is played into his feet. Any ball into space defenders beat him to it every day and he’s not got the strength to hold players off either. I’d go McIntosh uptop as he’s more similar to Bird. 

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

I've been watching the weather due to my visit...the forecast last weekend (at kickoff) started 2C with a 40 mph west wind and light rain...changed to 4C, 15 mph southwest wind and partial cloudy...then 6C, 7 mph north wind and sunny...and back to 4C, 30 mph northeast wind and a moderate rain. It's now 4C, 20 mph east southeast wind and moderate rain. I fully expect either a hurricane or blizzard at this rate...just as long as the wrong sorts of leaves aren't obstructing the tracks!

Nothing an orange ball can’t fix.

13 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

You are aware that Arbroath (along with Dundee and a few other east coast towns) is ranked as one of the driest towns in Scotland ?

Barcelona gets more rainfall than Arbroath !

That was a reference to the strong wind which is still in the forecast today.

I'm well aware of the rain shadow effect on the east (and, indeed , west) coast of the country. Never once mentioned a cancellation in the original post. Too many people read what they want to read rather than the actual content.

4 hours ago, stevoraith said:

When do you arrive/leave Tx?

Friday night and Sunday morning…it’s an insanely short window for various reasons.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully Tx brings some of than Texan sunshine with him!

Yea, about that…