Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I feel completely different - I feel like things have been massively shaken up in a good way and we’ve hit the reset button and it is showing in regards to team spirit and organisation. A decent January window will give us a great chance for me. 

To be fair I wrote that at 2 nil.

great character by your boys - enjoy your evening you deserve it.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Difficult to analyse the game from a stream as opposed to being there, but it certainly appeared we were 2 goals up, comfortable, but not really taking the game by the scruff of the neck. 

Absolute worldie to make it 2-1 to be fair, but the game management from then on in was pretty awful.

No real complaints, we have rode our luck a good chunk this season.  Past 2 games are something of a reality check I think.

We very much missed Stanton and Byrne. Brown wasn’t nearly enough to connect the two ends and we were not passing through the midfield, we were chucking long balls when Byrne and Stanton would have been passing instead, IMO.

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

How snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and with the Pars in the next game my confidence is shot, Tx your a jinx 😉 

That’s it, I’m leaving!

1 minute ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

To be fair I wrote that at 2 nil.

great character by your boys - enjoy your evening you deserve it.

Think you have to remember how many injuries we’ve had and as McIntyre put it we’ve been running on fumes - that shows with what happened today 

However from the 5 games I really think we could’ve went on and beat Morton, fancied that to happen and it didn’t - unlucky to get beat by you lads the game before - Beat Inverness in Inverness - last week against Dunfermline was the best I’d seen us in forever and then the madness happened 

Then today if anything sums up the team spirit in the group then it is what happened today 

Superb 

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We very much missed Stanton and Byrne. Brown wasn’t nearly enough to connect the two ends and we were not passing through the midfield, we were chucking long balls when Byrne and Stanton would have been passing instead, IMO.

That’s it, I’m leaving!

Have a guid New Year Tx, and more importantly a safe journey home

We will probably be laughed at for letting a goalkeeper score, but that really just masks our problem - terrible game management. In successive matches points have been dropped when we've had the lead in favourable circumstances (10 men, opponents with no subs and a goalie outfield) and we haven't taken the win. It's inexcusable, really. 

The 4-1-3-2 needs to go, I think. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We will probably be laughed at for letting a goalkeeper score, but that really just masks our problem - terrible game management. In successive matches points have been dropped when we've had the lead in favourable circumstances (10 men, opponents with no subs and a goalie outfield) and we haven't taken the win. It's inexcusable, really. 

The 4-1-3-2 needs to go, I think. 

Aye, it's fine in establishing a high tempo and getting us on the front foot, but it leavrs big spaces for teams to build on. At 2-0, even going 4-2-3-1 would have restricted the space in front of the defence and still leave us decent attacking intent.

Really frustrating.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I feel completely different - I feel like things have been massively shaken up in a good way and we’ve hit the reset button and it is showing in regards to team spirit and organisation. A decent January window will give us a great chance for me. 

100% - with a bit more luck we could be unbeaten since McIntyre came in. He’s instilled a real fighting spirit in this team (a bit too literally at times) and I’m feeling very positive about what’s to come for the rest of the season. If we’ve been able to pull out the results we’ve had recently with such a threadbare squad then there’s no reason that we can’t continue with or improve on that once some new players are brought in.

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

100% - with a bit more luck we could be unbeaten since McIntyre came in. He’s instilled a real fighting spirit in this team and I’m feeling very positive about what’s to come for the rest of the season. If we’ve been able to pull out the results we’ve had recently with such a threadbare squad then there’s no reason that we can’t continue with or improve on that once some new players are brought in.

Just put Utd to the sword on the 2nd ................ thank you kindly

Murray has to take responsibility for today's result. 2 nil up basically against 10 men and we could have seen that out by bringing on Ross Matthews for one of the many attack minded players and took control in the middle of the park. This 4 1 3 2 does not work without Stanton as no one else covers the massive hole in the middle of the park. 

We need to change to a 4 2 3 1. And can someone tell Millen he needs to put a foot in to stop a cross.

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think you have to remember how many injuries we’ve had and as McIntyre put it we’ve been running on fumes - that shows with what happened today 

However from the 5 games I really think we could’ve went on and beat Morton, fancied that to happen and it didn’t - unlucky to get beat by you lads the game before - Beat Inverness in Inverness - last week against Dunfermline was the best I’d seen us in forever and then the madness happened 

Then today if anything sums up the team spirit in the group then it is what happened today 

Superb 

The cupping of the lugs after he scored is legendary shitebagging