What is the best pint?

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

That was me when I did 56 days on a land rig in Saudi and I got to a hotel in Bahrain 

You want sympathy? 56 days with the Saudi Land Rig Super League at £250,000 a week before your agent got you a transfer to Bahrain? Fcuking Saudis. Oilwashing.

Sorry pal, I’ll save my sympathy for the wee guys plying their trade in the Scottish domestic oil diddyship league.

Big time charlie. 😜

My first pint was in the Counting House in Dundee. I still have the glass.

I could honestly count on one hand the amount of times I've sipped a pint and thought "that's class".

As far as I have experienced, there is no refreshing alcoholic drink. If I've been on a mission and seeking liquid refuge, I'll be getting a tin of Bru.

A freezing cold lager on a hot day.

Best beer I ever had was in Madrid - scorching heat as we did the tourist bit wandering around the city. Stopped at a cafe and the waitress brought out a pint of Estrella with frost 1/4 inch thick on the outside of the glass, your fingers crunched into it. Hit the spot perfectly.

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

A freezing cold lager on a hot day.

Best beer I ever had was in Madrid - scorching heat as we did the tourist bit wandering around the city. Stopped at a cafe and the waitress brought out a pint of Estrella with frost 1/4 inch thick on the outside of the glass, your fingers crunched into it. Hit the spot perfectly.

On one of the Greek Islands I was out a walk on a long clear stretch with a bar at the end. The barman watched me and timed it perfectly to put it down just as I stepped up. He also had the presence of mind to pour another, as I was midway through the first.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

On one of the Greek Islands I was out a walk on a long clear stretch with a bar at the end. The barman watched me and timed it perfectly to put it down just as I stepped up. He also had the presence of mind to pour another, as I was midway through the first.

Very similar thing happened to a coach party on Arran.  The bus parked on the road in Kildonan and the passengers got out and walked up the path to the hotel serving lunch and drinks at the bar.  Unfortunately, it was 10 minutes before closing and the "chef" wanted away so he locked the door and put up the closed sign - just as the first tourist reached for the handle.