QPFC v Airdrie 30 Dec 23

4 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

There was a heavy overnight frost here in the South Side followed by snow earlier this morning. Snow has stopped but rain is forecast, which will probably wash the snow away.

Yeah definitely a bit frosty out and about. The car park was surprisingly fine when I cut through it on my way to asda this morning (before the snow), so fingers crossed the pitch is fine. I might regret saying that in a few hours right enough.

On 26/12/2023 at 12:25, David Fernández said:

Queens Park and Airdrie to draw 1-1 for the hundredth time in recent years in a game of low quality, few chances and both teams gifting eachother goals from trying to play it out from the back.

foot-ball-the-simpsons.gif

Damn it, I was so close but I've never been so glad to be wrong!!! 😂😂😂

What a win, absolutely massive to cap off a brilliant 2023!! ♦️

On 27/12/2023 at 13:30, Mr November said:

Spot on. I think 10 of the last 13 games between them have been draws after 90 minutes, with four of the last five games being 1-1 after 90 minutes. Two teams who really need a win, both very capable of finding a way to lose to the other, but get the mortgage on another 1-1.

I fear Nikolay Todorov has cost me my home but what a good laugh that was. A massive win for us and a pretty demoralising one for QP. 

I thought the first half was rotten. Two poor teams lacking confidence and scared to do anything positive, if it wasn’t for Rae fouling Longridge then neither team were scoring. Airdrie looked much better after half time though, much quicker in our play and more aggressive too. That seemed to spook Queen’s Park a bit and other than that very late McKinstry shot never caused any real issues, they seemed content to play for the point. Paton was pretty isolated but it’s very telling that there’s no option for him to play beside or to replace him when he’s not in the game.

Great scenes at the end, Todorov more than making up for that dreadful miss earlier. It feels like it’s been a while since we had one of them. I think come the end of the season both teams will be near the bottom so stretching that gap is massive.

What a weird game,  we looked like an average League 1 side again first half,  with a poor Queens Park side looking the much better side,  Airdrie play better on the front foot with a fast tempo far too often we let games drift away like the first half today,   Second Half was more like it, first to the ball, wanting second balls and more importantly having a purpose to score goals,  Telfer was again outstanding, Hancock his usual solid shift,  Todorov has scored in this league before, he isn't pleasant on the eye, but caused the queen's defence numerous problems,  took his deserved goal well and a very important 3 points looking at the scores again today.     Big question was Gallagher injured or just yanked at half time inorder for the match winner to come on..

Any signing rumours, still think we need 3 players although been saying that every January window for years now..

Just now, an86 said:

Got what we deserved. Might as well just copy and paste from any number of other match threads. 

The manager showed his hand early, sent a sub around the park with 36 mins played on the clock to tell every ball boy to slow it down,  QP were on top that first half, the desperation to cling onto that 1 goal lead has absolutely cost you.

First half was rotten as was the first 5 of the 2nd, really really poor stuff. 

The penalty is a penalty, while contact might have been minimal (if at all, I'll see it again) you can't fly out on a surface as slick as that and be second, no complaints there.

We were far more urgent in that second half, and after Todorovs miss(es) recently, it was the least he could do. How he's missed an open goal today is frightening.