Public Meltdowns

Empty It

Was just in a local Co-Op, some woman went to buy bread and started going on about how the best before was the 27th and the bread was out of date (she was clearly at it and wanted a discount).

She then proceeded to have an absolute meltdown as the young lad behind the counter informed her that it's not out of date but she's more than welcome to go get one with a different date, a good 5 minutes (at the only open till) of this entitled weirdo in her 50s shouting at a teenager because of bread.

It ended with her getting a different bread then storming out whilst informing the young lad that she's reporting him to the head office.

What public meltdowns have the P&B masses witnessed or been a part of?

35 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Was just in a local Co-Op, some woman went to buy bread and started going on about how the best before was the 27th and the bread was out of date (she was clearly at it and wanted a discount).

She then proceeded to have an absolute meltdown as the young lad behind the counter informed her that it's not out of date but she's more than welcome to go get one with a different date, a good 5 minutes (at the only open till) of this entitled weirdo in her 50s shouting at a teenager because of bread.

It ended with her getting a different bread then storming out whilst informing the young lad that she's reporting him to the head office.

I've just been at the co-op at the bottom of prestonpans, that could have been me. On a serious note, I saw a Polish lad going mental at the staff at tesco in musselburgh after they were going to chuck him out for swapping the labels on the reductions. I only knew he was polish due to the swear words 😂

Someone brought cannabis into my old work and was stupid enough to smoke it inside the actual building. It got confiscated and sent away to be destroyed. The person who had brought it in went apeshit and phoned the police and threatened to get everyone charged with theft.

You can imagine how that conversation with the police went.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I'd be expecting a yellow sticker on that too tbf, though I'd probably wouldn't be shouting about it.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Strictly speaking "Best before 27th December" generally means "Best before the end of 27th December".

So the bread in question was still in date but obviously the shop will probably apply a yellow sticker towards the end of the day but they don't have to.

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Someone brought cannabis into my old work and was stupid enough to smoke it inside the actual building. It got confiscated and sent away to be destroyed. The person who had brought it in went apeshit and phoned the police and threatened to get everyone charged with theft.

I can confirm this is actually a thing. Its incredibly common. 

55 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Nicki Minaj Reaction GIF

This has probably been shared on here before, but it is a belter. TBF she does have a point about the price of cigarettes from chippes etc (as an ex smoker, i know to well and bare in mind this happened at least 11 years ago). A complete OTT reaction all the same.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Aye... "destroyed".

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I've just been at the co-op at the bottom of prestonpans, that could have been me. On a serious note, I saw a Polish lad going mental at the staff at tesco in musselburgh after they were going to chuck him out for swapping the labels on the reductions. I only knew he was polish due to the swear words 😂

KURWA!

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This is a specific genre of video on YouTube, Twitter etc but I’ve never really seen an adult do it for real. I’ve seen kids have meltdowns but that’s a bit different.

It takes a while to master pushing the right buttons.

I like the videos of folk going mental in car parks and ramming their cars into other vehicles as passers-by try to stop them.

There was a good one recently of a woman almost killing people as she tried to drive away whilst an old fella was  repeatedly slamming a shopping trolley into the drivers-side door.

It's just nice to see that level of bedlam in an increasingly sanitised age.

Been close to a meltdown in public once myself tbh. At Palmerston Vs ICT. There were 4 young lads sat behind me (the eldest was 15) and were there for a bit of banter with the Caley fans - there was a wee bit of light-hearted back and forth, then this knuckledragger starts chiming in from the Caley end; he didn't appear to be with the guys who were having a laugh with the young lads and was about 15 years older than them. He starts shouting sexually explicit stuff at these young lads. And then kept on going with it even though no one from either end was finding it remotely amusing. For whatever reason I ended up telling him to shut the f**k up and lay off the sexual stuff. He was taken aback but tried to laugh it off. I think I threw in a nonce accusation at one point but was pretty gone to remember everything I said. The stewards got involved with both of us and I told them why I was so enraged. They moved him away from the edge of the supporters while the creep was giving me a thumbs up. 

Pretty bizarre incident tbh and I'm sure there was a Caley fan in the thread (who was at the game) who confirmed the guy wasn't with them (he was one of the lads having banter with the young guys) and is indeed a bit of a strange character. 

Apart from that I've been pretty calm in public.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This is a specific genre of video on YouTube, Twitter etc but I’ve never really seen an adult do it for real. I’ve seen kids have meltdowns but that’s a bit different.

I am a connoisseur of this genre. 

A personal favourite is the Peckham terminator. I would absolutely love to witness something like this live in the flesh.