Public Meltdowns

Empty It

is/was there not a TAmber who sang something about the wallpaper sticking to the wall? One line - perhaps two. And he sang that incessantly on loop. I recall someone posting about being sat next to him hungover on a 3 hour flight heading back to Scotland whilst he sang that. I think something like that would seriously send me over the edge and randomly and bizarrely, I think about that situation quite often even though I had no experience of it. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a guy in probably his late 40s climbed in to hedge of the house across the road about 2am one morning. The owner shouted at him from the upstairs window and an altercation started.

The guy was shouting abuse telling the owner to come down. He then went in to a maniacal scream shouting over and over again, I'LL GIVE YOU IT BAWS DEEP BAWS DEEP, BAAAWS DEEP BAAWS DEEEEP FUCKIN BAWS DEEEEEP BAWS DEEP etc. Not sure if it was a threat or a chat-up line.  He left still shouting it. 

I see the guy about the town from time to time and he seems fairly calm.  Maybe just had a bad night. 

Back in our old semi detached home that had private garden at the side and a communal grass in the middle I heard two guys coming out the hedge at the side in the middle of the night, I proceeded to open the window and tell them to get to f*** or I would be down in a minute to sort them out, that I had a large hammer!

Yes I had been drinking and just gone to bed, only for one to tell me he was the police and he will pretend I hadn’t said that. Apparently some kids had broken into the village Post Office which also backed onto the communal area. Opps

53 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

is/was there not a TAmber who sang something about the wallpaper sticking to the wall? One line - perhaps two. And he sang that incessantly on loop. I recall someone posting about being sat next to him hungover on a 3 hour flight heading back to Scotland whilst he sang that. I think something like that would seriously send me over the edge and randomly and bizarrely, I think about that situation quite often even though I had no experience of it. 

Great song.

Wouldn't want to hear it on repeat though..

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

When I was 2 I knocked over chairs when I was being forced to get shoes, or so I'm told.

Airports and shops are great places for people to lose any sense of the appropriate.

Airport security is a hotspot due to entitled c***s raging at having to wait and serial faffers holding everybody up for absolutely no reason, sometimes people fall into both categories. 

13 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

"Wallpaper" Ricky Lawrie, died 3 years ago.

Screenshot_20231230_110354_Facebook.jpg

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

Airport security is a hotspot due to entitled c***s raging at having to wait and serial faffers holding everybody up for absolutely no reason, sometimes people fall into both categories. 

Of course there is a way to be dealt with quickly by airport security but I wouldn't recommend it.

11 hours ago, Empty It said:

Tbf some of the airport security staff can be thoroughly unpleasant and rude, which can set folks off. Ive seen them do it to people then play the victim. Some of them even buy malteasers for people passing through security…

Witnessed an American guy lose the plot at security in Glasgow airport, on Boxing Day. He was trying to take a Sgian Dubh on the plane as hand luggage. He couldn’t grasp the fact that he wasn’t allowed to take a knife onto the plane. 

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Witnessed an American guy lose the plot at security in Glasgow airport, on Boxing Day. He was trying to take a Sgian Dubh on the plane as hand luggage. He couldn’t grasp the fact that he wasn’t allowed to take a knife onto the plane. 

I was once stopped by security in a shopping/entertainment complex in Vegas, as I had my Sgian Dubh tucked into my sock. They were placated when I moved it from my sock to my sporran. Perfectly reasonable as I definitely wouldn’t be able to get it out of my sporran fast enough to knife someone, the button is a b*****d.

On 29/12/2023 at 10:05, ICTChris said:

A better question is have any P&Bers had a public meltdown?

I don’t think I have.

Once or twice 😑

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf some of the airport security staff can be thoroughly unpleasant and rude, which can set folks off. Ive seen them do it to people then play the victim.

Usually caused by c**ts like these.

I have a very short BS/needless drama fuse 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

That's fantastic. 

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

That's fantastic. 

A few years ago, we were attending an event at the Scottish Parliament. Gents and ladies in full "traditional" (don't start, I know, I know...) highland dress. 

At the security point the ladies had to have their handbags thoroughly searched. The blokes strolled through, sgian dubhs and all, without so much as a sideways glance.

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A few years ago, we were attending an event at the Scottish Parliament. Gents and ladies in full "traditional" (don't start, I know, I know...) highland dress. 

At the security point the ladies had to have their handbags thoroughly searched. The blokes strolled through, sgian dubhs and all, without so much as a sideways glance.

You can't rummage in another man's sporran. That's indecent.