Public Meltdowns

Empty It

42 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Once or twice 😑

Usually caused by c**ts like these.

I have a very short BS/needless drama fuse 🤷‍♂️

The thing i dont like is that its not always clear what you have to remove, because different airports have different requirements, some shoes off some on, some leave stuff in bags, others remove it, some you can wear a hoodie, some you remove, some they want you to just keep walking through metal detectors, some they want you to wait for a wave through. But to a man they’ll all be snidey and condescending if you ask ‘what do you want me to remove from the bag’ as if you have to magically guess. The way some speak to you, especially the TSA in the states is beyond belief, Heathrow is quite bad for little nazi jobsworths who scream and shout at people. Ive never lost it at them, but i have asked them to be less rude before, they dont like that. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The thing i dont like is that its not always clear what you have to remove, because different airports have different requirements, some shoes off some on, some leave stuff in bags, others remove it, some you can wear a hoodie, some you remove, some they want you to just keep walking through metal detectors, some they want you to wait for a wave through. But to a man they’ll all be snidey and condescending if you ask ‘what do you want me to remove from the bag’ as if you have to magically guess. The way some speak to you, especially the TSA in the states is beyond belief, Heathrow is quite bad for little nazi jobsworths who scream and shout at people. Ive never lost it at them, but i have asked them to be less rude before, they dont like that. 

I guess we all know Joe Public can be an arse so those who choose to work in roles directly interfacing with them has to be at least as big an asshole.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive never lost it at them, but i have asked them to be less rude before, they dont like that. 

I wish I chose the diplomatic route more often, but certain situations overwhelm my restraint. It’s a curse

In all fairness, whichever airport it is, the security people know the rules for that airport and they stay the same all day, every day for years on end.

I have never had to do a job like that, but I am sure there are times when they want to scream "Look, for the hundred million, billionth time, take your laptop out of the bag.  I don't care what they do elsewhere.  That is what we do here.  There are signs everywhere.  I see them in my sleep."

Yes, it might be the first time you have ever been to that airport but for them it is like telling a toddler not to spill their juice.  

24 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

In all fairness, whichever airport it is, the security people know the rules for that airport and they stay the same all day, every day for years on end.

I have never had to do a job like that, but I am sure there are times when they want to scream "Look, for the hundred million, billionth time, take your laptop out of the bag.  I don't care what they do elsewhere.  That is what we do here.  There are signs everywhere.  I see them in my sleep."

Yes, it might be the first time you have ever been to that airport but for them it is like telling a toddler not to spill their juice.  

Nah thats not strictly true, ive been to Glasgow, Heathrow, Gatwick through security quite a good number of times and in the London airports in particular you can be one way through security like taking shoes off going out on holiday and its different on the way back connecting. It can vary depending on the supposed threat level at the time too. I think there is a new type of airport screening coming where you can keep everything on you and all contents inside bags regardless which should make going through security relatively easy going forward, similar to the technology that disney has at their park gates which is genuinely excellent at streamlining the processes. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

On 29/12/2023 at 16:07, Richey Edwards said:

In 1994 I threw a wobbly in Superdrug because my mum wouldn't buy a bottle of Matey bubblebath with a particular character on it because there was already a bottle with a different character on it at home.

0ztapn8z4s161.thumb.jpg.abb82c6778bb7b000e2a32de9098e955.jpg

On 29/12/2023 at 16:25, carpetmonster said:

Understandable. 

IMG_3620.thumb.jpeg.4f46859a972f70a9f17b8b2d02fbfc15.jpeg

wid 

Her feet look like a pair of bollocks 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah thats not strictly true, ive been to Glasgow, Heathrow, Gatwick through security quite a good number of times and in the London airports in particular you can be one way through security like taking shoes off going out on holiday and its different on the way back connecting. It can vary depending on the supposed threat level at the time too. I think there is a new type of airport screening coming where you can keep everything on you and all contents inside bags regardless which should make going through security relatively easy going forward, similar to the technology that disney has at their park gates which is genuinely excellent at streamlining the processes. 

There is.  They have it at City.  It's coming to Edinburgh pretty soon.

10 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Witnessed an American guy lose the plot at security in Glasgow airport, on Boxing Day. He was trying to take a Sgian Dubh on the plane as hand luggage. He couldn’t grasp the fact that he wasn’t allowed to take a knife onto the plane. 

I was on a plane from Birmingham to Inverness last year and the guy in front of me had to have his sgian dubh posted home as he wasn’t allowed it on the plane. He’d flown from Inverness to Birmingham with it no problem. 

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get 'enhanced screening' every time I enter and leave the US because I dared answer back to some diddly in the TSA.

Even the ladies at BA look at the boarding pass and go ' oh you've been randomly selected for...'

Aye I know hen, 11/12 flights in the past 7 years now

4 minutes ago, Peil said:

I get 'enhanced screening' every time I enter and leave the US because I dared answer back to some diddly in the TSA.

Even the ladies at BA look at the boarding pass and go ' oh you've been randomly selected for...'

Aye I know hen, 11/12 flights in the past 7 years now

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

I was on a plane from Birmingham to Inverness last year and the guy in front of me had to have his sgian dubh posted home as he wasn’t allowed it on the plane. He’d flown from Inverness to Birmingham with it no problem. 

They told the guy they could post it to him, but that the cost of posting to the states would probably be more than Sgian Dubh would cost. In the end, he agreed to have it sent to a uk address. 

Slightly off topic but the American boxing trainer Bo Mac recently got arrested leaving Manchester airport with a loaded gun in his luggage that he’d forgotten about. He’d flown in from the states with it the previous week and it hadn’t been picked up by security. 

16 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

They told the guy they could post it to him, but that the cost of posting to the states would probably be more than Sgian Dubh would cost. In the end, he agreed to have it sent to a uk address. 

Slightly off topic but the American boxing trainer Bo Mac recently got arrested leaving Manchester airport with a loaded gun in his luggage that he’d forgotten about. He’d flown in from the states with it the previous week and it hadn’t been picked up by security. 

Aye but did he go via Inverness?

On 27/12/2023 at 17:21, ICTChris said:

This guy pops into my mind occasionally. Don’t think we ever found out the backstory.

Always respected that other guy for not kicking absolute f**k out that old posh c**t

On 29/12/2023 at 19:40, Molotov said:

Talking of public meltdowns. 

IMG_5834.thumb.jpeg.7e7e9e48866f1ffc0121321511925c33.jpeg

He'll be paying that for about 30 years. 70 quid a month or something