Lewis Ferguson

Bing.McCrosby

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Here. Probably referring to this.

Plus the repeated calls over years for Callum McGregor to be dropped in favour of the flavour of the month whether that be Billy Gilmour, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie playing as a #6 or to get Lewis Ferguson in the team usually something along the following lines:

We need to make space for other players and Callum McGregor is the one who needs to give way because he only plays fur Celtic blah blah blah. As soon as anyone comes along who is doing well in shape or form at club level in midfield the go to is: Get him in the team, McGregor has to go to make way.   

Same old dire conversation.

It was a rhetorical question and slandering is when you are making a false statement about someone's character to damage their reputation. Clearly Bing was just simply given his opinion on him.

Regarding McGregor, do you not think there is a reason why he usually is the one being touted as being replaced? No one is saying he is a bad player and he's a very consistently good player for us but we have other players who are doing the business in far better leagues and excelling throughout the whole season (not just a few games), especially in the case of Ferguson who can play his position. We also have Gilmour doing the exact same job in the team currently. 

If we went by your theory then we would be picking the same formation, same 11 every single game until the players retire from international duty. You really are stuck in your ways when it comes to introducing new players into the fold and tend to show arrogance towards anyone that would like to see a player given more of a chance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

If we went by your theory then we would be picking the same formation, same 11 every single game until the players retire from international duty. You really are stuck in your ways when it comes to introducing new players into the fold and tend to show arrogance towards anyone that would like to see a player given more of a chance.

It isn't my theory. It's Steve Clarke's. He's discussed most of these issues and his reasons (which tend to be logical and reasonable) for doing what he's doing via the media. I try to understand and relay that point of view. 

I understand you're a newcomer to the board so you probably haven't seen that I did a post on the age profile of the team and Clarke's intention to avoid a 'hard reset'. My own personal views are informed by that.

Are there players I'd like to see get more game time or be selected? Maybe one or two, but I respect the fact that he's in a far better position than me as a fan on the outside to make decisions around the team.

Edited by 2426255

It isn't my theory. It's Steve Clarke's. He's discussed most of these issues and his reasons (which tend to be logical and reasonable) for doing what he's doing via the media. I try to understand and relay that point of view. 

I understand you're a newcomer to the board so you probably haven't seen that I did a post on the age profile of the team and Clarke's intention to avoid a 'hard reset'. My own personal views are informed by that.

Are there players I'd like to see get more game time or be selected? Maybe one or two, but I respect the fact that he's in a far better position than me as a fan on the outside to make decisions around the team.

So basically what you're saying is that you follow blindly whatever Clarke thinks then? Would you jump off a bridge if he told you too aswell? 

Fans have a voice in a game and can also see things to improve the team believe it or not. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Here. Probably referring to this.

Plus the repeated calls over years for Callum McGregor to be dropped in favour of the flavour of the month whether that be Billy Gilmour, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie playing as a #6 or to get Lewis Ferguson in the team usually something along the following lines:

We need to make space for other players and Callum McGregor is the one who needs to give way because he only plays fur Celtic blah blah blah. As soon as anyone comes along who is doing well in shape or form at club level in midfield the go to is: Get him in the team, McGregor has to go to make way.   

Same old dire conversation.

Can you post your proof of me saying McTominay or Christie playing as a 6 should replace McGregor?? No, thought so.

For me its a choice between McGregor and Gilmour for one position. Im not sure if you realise this but if you were to favour Gilmour it doesn't mean McGregor has to be dragged behind the stadium and shot.

He can still be in the squad, and still be an important player.

Regarding Gilmours ability yeah I'd say he's on track to proving me right. He's already proved you wrong.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

Slander is when you speak it. If you write it it's libel.

That's all I have to say on this fascinating debate into why Scotland's fifth best midfielder doesn't start.

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

Slander is when you speak it. If you write it it's libel.

That's all I have to say on this fascinating debate into why Scotland's fifth best midfielder doesn't start.

Either way saying someone should be in a football team ahead of someone else would be neither 🤣

Your becoming one of these posters who only goes around posting "this thread is bad" tho. A reaction farmer. 

2 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Either way saying someone should be in a football team ahead of someone else would be neither 🤣

Your becoming one of these posters who only goes around posting "this thread is bad" tho. A reaction farmer. 

Agree to the first paragraph. Disagree with the latter. I think I've got a diverse portfolio of posts. It's boring though when I see the exact same things derailing posts, namely somebody makes a trolling point and then one or two other posters bite for two or three pages. You and numbers have been going at it for a couple of years too. You do love a fecht.

I'm definitely not the only one who points out the "this thread though, Ooft". I don't mind doing it and it really doesn't get that many greenies. 

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

Agree to the first paragraph. Disagree with the latter. I think I've got a diverse portfolio of posts. It's boring though when I see the exact same things derailing posts, namely somebody makes a trolling point and then one or two other posters bite for two or three pages. You and numbers have been going at it for a couple of years too. You do love a fecht.

I'm definitely not the only one who points out the "this thread though, Ooft". I don't mind doing it and it really doesn't get that many greenies. 

To be fair personally I've responded to him a handful of time over the last year. Less so  than yourself I would imagine.

Its more boredom on nightshift that will see a rise in my posting🤣

So your maybe as informed on my diverse portfolio as I am of yours. Thats just my recent perception of your posts.

I may be wrong, I've this slander lawsuit weighing heavily on me.

Might be looking at serious time. Pray for bing 🙏 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Eh you've just made a trolling point yourself in your previous post looking for a bite or two... 

7 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Eh you've just made a trolling point yourself in your previous post looking for a bite or two... 

Et merci pour mordre 🙃

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

So basically what you're saying is that you follow blindly whatever Clarke thinks then? Would you jump off a bridge if he told you too aswell? 

Fans have a voice in a game and can also see things to improve the team believe it or not. 

You said I was arrogant? what makes you think you know better than Steve Clarke? The guy's been working in football for many a long year and along come you to tell him what he should be doing. A guy that's worked as assistant to Mourinho, managed with success in the English Premier League, been successful at Killie and yes at Scotland.

Do you also enjoy telling firemen how to do their job or maybe you like to tell schoolteachers how to teach your kids? That's rank behaviour.

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You said I was arrogant? what makes you think you know better than Steve Clarke? The guy's been working in football for many a long year and along come you to tell him what he should be doing.

Do you also tell firemen what they should be doing if there's a fire or maybe you like to tell schoolteachers how to teach your kids?

I never said I thought I know better than Clarke or any other manager or telling him what to do. I'm offering an opinion on a football forum that I'm sure he doesn't give a f**k about which is based on what I see in the games and other forms of research. I've played and coached football throughout my life in this country and abroad aswell as watching it daily so I do have some idea of how football works at least.

For clarification, I think Clarke has done a very good job with the team and I understand what he is aiming to do with the team. Such as building a 'club mindset', trying to keep some form of continuity/settled team, playing a formation to get both Roberston and Tierney in, interlinking them both in order to get them both high up the pitch when attacking, building certain patterns of play etc etc but will make mistakes based on his opinion of things like all football managers and we are allowed to question these decisons.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

I never said I thought I know better than Clarke or any other manager or telling him what to do.

You don't need to say it.

You don't like him not starting Lewis Ferguson and you think that is something he should do. You don't like him being loyal to players that have earned his trust, you think playing the players in 'form' is something he should be doing. You think you know better. Your opinion is that Clarke is making an error, a mistake.

Clarke knows what he's doing. He knows how to build a successful team. We've seen that throughout his career and we're seeing it with Scotland. He isn't just some random punter pulled in from the street to manage the team. You're critiscising me for listening to the subject matter expert, fucking hell. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by 2426255

You don't like him not starting Lewis Ferguson and you think that is something he should do. You don't like him being loyal to players that have earned his trust, you think playing the players in 'form' is something he should be doing. You think you know better. Your opinion is that Clarke is making an error, a mistake.

Clarke knows what he's doing. He knows how to build a successful team. We've seen that throughout his career and we're seeing it with Scotland. He isn't just some random punter pulled in from the street to manage the team. You're critiscising me for listening to the subject matter expert, fucking hell. 🤦‍♂️

"Earned his trust" wtf does that even mean when it comes to teams like Scotland where you don't have a plethora of quality players to choose from, you pick the players who will get you the best results. There's no room for passengers based on them being simply "trustworthy". 

If I wanted players in based on form then I certianly wouldn't be picking the likes of McTominay for example who can't get a game for Man Utd. Also, i've mentioned I would rather have Ferguson in ahead of a Gilmour or McGregor for example as I think he would be better suited to this Scottish team with the way we play and could do with more of a physical presence in the middle. 

I wouldn't say Clarke has had the best management career and hasn't built squads throughout his career as you claim, he's not lasted more than two years at any one club and been an assistant most of his career. He's obviously a well respected coach however and did a great job at Killie and then now us in the past couple of years. 

Your essentially copying and pasteing whatever Clarke thinks and does on here which we can all do.

Im criticising as you don't have your own ideas and you can't seem to accept that just because we have a manager that we are not allowed to offer an opinion and what he does is always right, it is just absurd.

5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

"Earned his trust" wtf does that even mean when it comes to teams like Scotland where you don't have a plethora of quality players to choose from, you pick the players who will get you the best results. There's no room for passengers based on them being simply "trustworthy". 

If I wanted players in based on form then I certianly wouldn't be picking the likes of McTominay for example who can't get a game for Man Utd. Also, i've mentioned I would rather have Ferguson in ahead of a Gilmour or McGregor for example as I think he would be better suited to this Scottish team with the way we play and could do with more of a physical presence in the middle. 

I wouldn't say Clarke has had the best management career and hasn't built squads throughout his career as you claim, he's not lasted more than two years at any one club and been an assistant most of his career. He's obviously a well respected coach however and did a great job at Killie and then now us in the past couple of years. 

Your essentially copying and pasteing whatever Clarke thinks and does on here which we can all do.

Im criticising as you don't have your own ideas and you can't seem to accept that just because we have a manager that we are not allowed to offer an opinion and what he does is always right, it is just absurd.

You actually believe you know better than Clarke. That's excellent. Well done.

Bologna clinched Champions League football next season at the weekend.

It's a real shame we won't see Ferguson play until after Christmas, can't see Bologna going far enough in the competition for him to make an impact.

Some achievement though and hopefully Bologna are allowed to strengthen so that we might see him challenging for trophies, playing in big games down the line etc.

Bologna are at home to Juventus this weekend where a win will see them finish 3rd in the league which would be a fairly incredible result for them

On 09/05/2024 at 11:18, 2426255 said:

Shut down the forum! This galoot gets upset when fans criticise players or managers on a fans forum.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Shut down the forum! This galoot gets upset when fans criticise players or managers on a fans forum.

Yes, finally someone gets it.