Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

It's been a decent watch tbf. Taking the wee man to see Aquaman later so I'd imagine this will be the viewing highlight of my day.

The Celtic defence seem determined to give up a goal, the Rangers forwards seem determined not to score one.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is what I keep banging on about. It’s no conspiracy, they’re just shitebags. 

Maybe if the SFA sanctioned the clubs for their treatment of referees like they would to any other club then they'd be a tad more brave.

That'll never happen though, need to keep the bigots happy.

1 minute ago, stressball said:

Why do you suddenly want to debate it? Haven’t seen this call for debate when it’s in  your favour… 

Obviously not 😂👍

But like a fan of any team when it happens to you you’ll protest lol

Did you think it was a penalty? If not, what do you think was different compared to other penalties that have been given this season?

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Fair play. 👍

Do you have a counter point at all so we can actually debate how that’s not a penalty when they’ve been given for much less by VAR this season?

Yes, please visit any 'v Rangers' match thread for full details.

Right, so we've had some guidance on the penalty.

We're being told there was an offside offence against Abdallah Sima as the ball was played in, before it struck Alistair Johnston's hand.

Regardless, the officials apparently deemed the movement of his hand to be natural.

Just now, thepundit said:

Obviously not 😂👍

But like a fan of any team when it happens to you you’ll protest lol

Did you think it was a penalty? If not, what do you think was different compared to other penalties that have been given this season?

I think it’s a penalty, but given the decision by the ref the only call I can fathom is they’ve decided the rangers player must have fouled him, but the goal kick is more advantageous. 

But there’s a Kyogo wonder hit.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Right, so we've had some guidance on the penalty.

We're being told there was an offside offence against Abdallah Sima as the ball was played in, before it struck Alistair Johnston's hand.

Regardless, the officials apparently deemed the movement of his hand to be natural.

Hold my hands up on the ref bashing. Back to the Sky Sports bashing for failing to mention this at all.