Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

My first line of my post you quoted literally says “it’s more to do with creating a narrative and playing to the gallery”. So no, I’m not suggesting it’s merely wanting clarity, which I agree they could easily do privately.

The comment you initially took exception to was when I stated that nobody here was suggesting it was wrong to disallow the penalty. Which I stand by, they have not argued against the fact that Sima is offside.

@bennett hasn’t said it was wrong 😉

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

My first line of my post you quoted literally says “it’s more to do with creating a narrative and playing to the gallery”. So no, I’m not suggesting it’s merely wanting clarity, which I agree they could easily do privately.

The comment you initially took exception to was when I stated that nobody here was suggesting it was wrong to disallow the penalty. Which I stand by, they have not argued against the fact that Sima is offside.

I don’t think you or rangers are arguing it’s a penalty. I just think this has nothing to do with clarifying a process and much more to do with the ‘narrative’ you mention. I doubt they ever expected to receive the audio, not to mention within 24 hours on a Sunday. 

It’s really irresponsible stuff and I say again, I can’t believe you’re onboard with it.  

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think you or rangers are arguing it’s a penalty. I just think this has nothing to do with clarifying a process and much more to do with the ‘narrative’ you mention. I doubt they ever expected to receive the audio, not to mention within 24 hours on a Sunday. 

It’s really irresponsible stuff and I say again, I can’t believe you’re onboard with it.  

Again though, I’m not saying I am supportive of the language being released so publicly. I’d rather they’d have done as you suggested and dealt with it privately before releasing a statement once it had been clarified.

But ultimately, I’ve said I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the question given the confusion created by the sky commentary and differing accounts. We both know why they’ve chosen to do it publicly the way they have though.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Again though, I’m not saying I am supportive of the language being released so publicly. I’d rather they’d have done as you suggested and dealt with it privately before releasing a statement once it had been clarified.

But ultimately, I’ve said I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the question given the confusion created by the sky commentary and differing accounts. We both know why they’ve chosen to do it publicly the way they have though.

Fair enough, we agree enough to move on. 

I have also done this topic sufficiently today so going to move on.

Lets be honest here, collum should have sent walsh to the viewer, we all know that 

Would he have found the offside, who knows, you'd like to think so however he thought johnston slapping the ball out was natural so who knows

What we do know however is that the other refs and the SFA will stand by collum even if the audio was released and it made him look completely and utterly incompetent (notice i didnt say cheat because imo collum is an absolute travesty of an official who has undoubtedly fucked off nearly every SPFL team in scotland at one point or another, and a good few European teams and international teams thrown in as well) because thats what they do

Ffs look at Dougie Mcdonald back in the day, he lied about how he corrected his wrong decision to the right one, and instead of the rest of the game coming out and saying "right he lied, yeah he eventually got the right decision but he lied and that's just making us all look bad" they instead went on fucking strike

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

But ultimately, I’ve said I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the question given the confusion 

I wonder why Rangers didn’t ask for clarification of the decision making process that saw them get a penalty against Aberdeen for a shirt pull whereas Aberdeen were refused a penalty against Rangers for the same offence.

Just for clarify of course.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBH, I also want clarity from the SFA over the penalty decision.

I want to know why I was prevented from being able to pish myself laughing at Rangers being awarded a penalty, only for it to be overturned due to the offside.

Do you have faith that collum would have found the offside in time lol

Just now, Sortmeout said:

I wonder why Rangers didn’t ask for clarification of the decision making process that saw them get a penalty against Aberdeen for a shirt pull whereas Aberdeen were refused a penalty against Rangers for the same offence.

Just for clarify of course.

Surely that would be on aberdeen then? 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Why? Surely all Rangers are doing is try to clarify the decision so why do they not try to clarify the ones in their favour? 

Well has ANY club tried to clarify decisions in their favour 

Do you see ross county chapping the sfa door asking how they never conceded a penalty to hearts yesterday 

And tbh im all for clubs who feel a decision etc (big decision) is wrong or the way they came to the decision is strange, asking for clarity, because all the secrecy only rampa up the whole "cheating officials" nonsense (i dont believe any are, i believe some are completely and utterly out their depth, collum has been for years) 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers are heavy on sporting integrity so surely it shouldn’t matter which club benefited, or not.

Well we did offer to pay for an investigation into the whole thing

Anyway back on to collum and the audio if its ever released, unless he's blatantly said something that brings the game into disrepute then the audio matters not a jot, the sfa will stick by him

After the weekend both him and the VAR in the hearts game should be suspended and made to do punnies or something, they've had a horror show this weekend 

31 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Lets be honest here, collum should have sent walsh to the viewer, we all know that 

Would he have found the offside, who knows, you'd like to think so however he thought johnston slapping the ball out was natural so who knows

What we do know however is that the other refs and the SFA will stand by collum even if the audio was released and it made him look completely and utterly incompetent (notice i didnt say cheat because imo collum is an absolute travesty of an official who has undoubtedly fucked off nearly every SPFL team in scotland at one point or another, and a good few European teams and international teams thrown in as well) because thats what they do

Ffs look at Dougie Mcdonald back in the day, he lied about how he corrected his wrong decision to the right one, and instead of the rest of the game coming out and saying "right he lied, yeah he eventually got the right decision but he lied and that's just making us all look bad" they instead went on fucking strike

Wow, I wonder why that would be?