Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

Get the game called off immediately, and re-schedule it for a time when we might be a bit less pish. Then we can all settle down to enjoy New Year with St Mirren in the top 6, Aberdeen not in the top 6, but sitting on the sofa watching re-runs of ‘Still Game’ while cuddling those games in hand like a cute wee puppy received on Christmas Day.

Get it sorted, Met Office.

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Get the game called off immediately, and re-schedule it for a time when we might be a bit less pish. Then we can all settle down to enjoy New Year with St Mirren in the top 6, Aberdeen not in the top 6, but sitting on the sofa watching re-runs of ‘Still Game’ while cuddling those games in hand like a cute wee puppy received on Christmas Day.

Get it sorted, Met Office.

Ah yes, then you can add the “Top Six at Winter Break” trophy to your “Third in September” trophy.

1 minute ago, STFU_Donny said:

Ah yes, then you can add the “Top Six at Winter Break” trophy to your “Third in September” trophy.

Indeed. The St Mirren treble is on. Just need to secure our ‘Didnae’ Get Relegated’ trophy in May 2024. 😜

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Games in hand sound good, but we see cases like this every year in the English lower/non-leagues with teams sitting with games to make up.

Spoiler alert, they hardly ever win them all. Counting it as points in the bag is unwise.

Frustrated Barry has been banging on about congestion all season, and Aberdeen are simply going to have more of it.

They might pick up rakes of points from these games, but some below-par performances and dropped points would be a more likely outcome.

Nostradamus of Midlothian with his annual festive write off of the Dons chances...I remember last year we were told that we wouldn't be able to compete with his team after they're dismal European campaign ended, this year we're doomed because we have games in hand...

How did that workout last season again?

12 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Looks like less than 1000 tickets left for home end. We all know a bumper crowd = 0-3 St. Mirren.

You on the Breaker Malt Liquor? 0-3? We’ve scored 3 goals in our last nine games, and two of them were own goals. No chance it’ll be 0-3. It’ll be 0-4, if O’Hara scores our penalty this time. 😎

Interesting with how it could go for the Dons. 

Seems to be a lot of assumptions over the games in hand they have got, and that the players they have bought are good enough. I’ve seen them a few times this season and to my eye they are not nearly as good as Dundee, Hibs or St Mirren even with Bojan. That leaves Ross County who probably are favourites for second bottom, Motherwell who seem to be trying to get Van Veen back on loan and St Johnstone who have a very wily p***k in charge. 

If I were Barry I would pull out the stops to get Van Veen if Bojan leaves or down tools. If not it’s going to be a very long second half to the season I fear.

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Nostradamus of Midlothian with his annual festive write off of the Dons chances...I remember last year we were told that we wouldn't be able to compete with his team after they're dismal European campaign ended, this year we're doomed because we have games in hand...

How did that workout last season again?

You don't ever actually read posts, do you?

You just bark out unhinged anger.

Fair play to you, carry on. I think I'll just respond to your posts from now on by claiming you've said things you haven't. It seems fun.

Edited by VincentGuerin

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You don't ever actually read posts, do you?

You just bark out unhinged anger.

Fair play to you, carry on. I think I'll just respond to your posts from now on by claiming you've said things you haven't. It seems fun.

To be fair, he does have a bit of point.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Depending how it's going, an abandonment late in the second half could be any of frustrating, hilarious or humanitarian.

It would, without doubt, be one of the most St Mirren-y things ever, if the match was abandoned in the 90th minute with us leading 1-0. 😜