Aberdeen v St Mirren, farewell to 2023.

The fresh-legged dandies to do the business here.

Robinson to complain about fixture congestion compared to the opponents, with the caveat that of course it's no excuse.

Would make a fine change from eight Sundays in recent months.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Me too.

But having spent over a million on players you must be knocking about the top six.

Yeah, me too, but with Christmas gone, and us being abjectly pish for eight out of the last nine games, and yet ahead of the dandies by a good few points and still in the top 6, makes you wonder how shit one of Scotland’s biggest clubs have been. 😀

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Me too.

But having spent over a million on players you must be knocking about the top six.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, me too, but with Christmas gone, and us being abjectly pish for eight out of the last nine games, and yet ahead of the dandies by a good few points and still in the top 6, makes you wonder how shit one of Scotland’s biggest clubs have been. 😀

In fairness, If Aberdeen win this Saturday, we'll be 3 points behind St Mirren with 4 games in hand. 

Silently sneaking up on 3rd spot.

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In fairness, If Aberdeen win this Saturday, we'll be 3 points behind St Mirren with 4 games in hand. 

Oh I know.

But you've still been honking, like the rest of us.

You're like Hearts plus Shankland. Take away Miovski and you'd be down with Livingston.

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yup, and in my opening gambit, I expect a routine 2-0 home win, as we are pish at present. Obviously, hoping to be wrong.

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

Feels like ages since Aberdeen has played! It'll be interesting to find out when was the last time we had two postponed games in a row.  

St Mirren is on a bit of a bad run at the moment, while Aberdeen has picked up with three wins out of four. Aberdeen needs to start putting some sort of run together, but there's uncertainty about whether we're capable of replicating what we did last season.

St Mirren has a poor record at Pittodrie, with just two wins in 25 years - I hope that trend continues.

2011 and 2023 is a gap of 12 years.

Good opportunity to tap up Baccus before the January transfer window. Dave and Burrows should be rolling out the red carpet and giving the full sales pitch. We should be able to get him in with the Miovski millions burning a hole in Dave’s pocket. 

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Excellent. So going by your points ratio so far you can expect to get 4 points from those 4 games in hand. So you might even draw level with us if you manage that. 

Ratio needs adjusted for the frequency of games v Dundee (0/16 v 2/4) at a mean ppg of 2.8 which implies a haul of 8 points when added to 1.2 ppg from the other games. 

You can't argue with statistics. 

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Games in hand sound good, but we see cases like this every year in the English lower/non-leagues with teams sitting with games to make up.

Spoiler alert, they hardly ever win them all. Counting it as points in the bag is unwise.

Frustrated Barry has been banging on about congestion all season, and Aberdeen are simply going to have more of it.

They might pick up rakes of points from these games, but some below-par performances and dropped points would be a more likely outcome.