Stoppable Force vs Moveable Object (Motherwell - Livi)

Just now, CharlieWhisky said:

4-2-3-1 says Callum Carson on X. Nottingham must be at right back for that to fit and Penrice or Montano on the wing. Looks pretty strong to me.

Lose this and you have to wonder how far adrift we will be come the winter break.

So Anderson at AM? Also no St. Kelly on the bench?

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

Given we are not fielding a midfield should we expect hoofball to be the new tactic? 

Yeah I'm expecting a lot of long balls up to Mika to chase with no help.

A baffling selection, we've lost the midfield before a ball has even been kicked.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Stepping back it is not a must win game although sorer for Livi if they lose.  There is plenty of time to resolve things and a couple of signings, a return from injury or a player hitting form can make a difference.

However, we are football fans, Scottish at that, and the narrative is that everything is life or death.  The only way of resolving poor form is to sack the manager.

I am just putting on my thermals and about to start the journey to this ‘must not lose’ game.

Aye it's more a must not lose than a must win, although a draw is better for Motherwell than us, keeping us 4pts adrift at the bottom.

A win for either side would be massive, closing the gap to 1 point, for us, or extending it to 7pts for Motherwell. 

Montano starting today is massive for us, i think him getting the red card against Dundee was the catalyst for our bad run, we had a chance of winning with him on, as he's a player that can turn a game, once he went off we conceded 2 goals (bit like when we beat Motherwell). Obileye also being out injured and Martindale started the square pegs in round holes to try and shore up our defence.

Anyway, with Penrice in great form, and Montano playing, we'll have good attacking players, Nouble still needs to do more though, hopefully being booed off the pitch will have given him a bit of a shake, and he has a good game. First goal (if there is one) will be massive, got a feeling we'd need to build on it and score at least 2 to get a win though, will be nervy as feck trying to see out a 1 goal lead.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Very attacking side...hope it works.

About that... 

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

That team has zero balance. It genuinely unbelievable that’s what he’s going with. 

If Kettlewell is trying to get sacked I’d rather he’d just resigned after county away.

Doesn’t seem to matter.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Prediction time, an unexpected 3-3 thriller.

Could still come true.