Stoppable Force vs Moveable Object (Motherwell - Livi)

Firstly - it's a massive relief that there is a team that are objectively worse than us in the league (but the worry is still that there is only one).

I enjoyed the first half in that we did quite a lot of stuff that we've been unable/unwilling to do against better teams. We looked quite pacy going forward, worked it well from wide and were actually quite entertaining which I had forgot was a part of going to a game. Goals aside, seeing Bair doing what he did today, I'm still holding onto the belief that someone will get that out of him semi-regularly which would make him useful (this is the part that St Johnstone supporters tell us that it will never happen).

2nd half was dire and actually reminded me of watching us under GA where there was some point where it was decided that we'd done enough to win and going for more goals wasn't allowed. 

Ultimately, nothing was really advanced today (other than the fact that 12 place looks unlikely which is something I guess) - the goal that we lost still makes it feel like we won't do enough against better teams to beat them. The team line was a bit weird and is exactly the type of thing that managers do when they are under pressure - can't see it being tried again.

Anyway - it's a win - thank f**k.

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

There's no way he can survive this surely

It's more a case of what can he do going forward if the players aren't playing for him/Livi now.

He has to decide if it's best for the club that he moves up to DoF or whatever, and we get a new manager in. His post match interview shows he's clearly lost the backing of a lot of players, we haven't the money to drop them and get more in to replace them, so we're screwed unless he either steps down or gets them back onside. 

44 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That's a pretty wild post match from Martindale. Can't imagine the players will be sound with that.

Few days ago (and other times previously) he's more or less had a go at the fans for booing, but it's obviously fine for him to come out and berate them publicly.

Headline is that we shot ourselves in the foot there.

Two mistakes from players under no pressure in the back line. For Devlin’s misplaced pass I do think Penrice was the correct option but the execution was dire and Bair is just a better athlete, clearly. The defending was absolutely comical and i didn’t see that coming - when was the last time we conceded 3 (and outwith old firm?)? 
Can we have Hamilton in goals, please.

Thought Motherwell having midweek off might’ve really told in the second half but there wasn’t much in that. If Anderson’s strike that rebounded into Kelly’s arms gone in then we might’ve had something to cheer second half but it was miserable. Was is Montaño that hit the bar(?) aswell?

Gotta laugh as my whole match day experience was farcical with getting to the stand I bought a ticket for only to see it shut then passed from pillar to post (turnstile guy wouldn’t let me in a minute before kick off even though I was showing my e-ticket) to finally wait in the ticket office queue and get into game 11 mins late. With soaking feet I looked forward to a hot drink at halftime but the second half started before I got served and k wasn’t missing more football so sacked that 😂 shite day.

Edited by crispy

41 minutes ago, well again said:

She's buggered off to the Celtic v rangers thread , have that shower ever done anything original (well apart from their ira karaoke)or do they steal everyone else's ideas.

Feck's sake.  The utter gall of it.   She's ours!   We even give her plenty of time-off!

They've stolen ideas, players, fans from their geographically natural clubs, and any competitiveness from the league... why would they stop at Our Nat.

3 hours ago, crispy said:

If Anderson’s strike that rebounded into Kelly’s arms gone in then we might’ve had something to cheer second half but it was miserable. Was is Montaño that hit the bar(?) aswell?

Anderson was offside for that effort and there was a foul given before the Livi guy struck the bar. 

2 hours ago, ropy said:

There is nothing about Theo Bair that would make me predict him stopping the ball and flicking it over the keeper.  Nonchalance is not a word I have heard used in the same sentence as Theo Bair.  That was exquisite.

He reminds me of Dolly Mega that we had. Capable of the ridiculously skillfull and the just plain ridiculously rubbish in the same game

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He reminds me of Dolly Mega that we had. Capable of the ridiculously skillfull and the just plain ridiculously rubbish in the same game

Aye Dolly put 5 Hearts players on their arses before megging their keeper, but mostly when he got the ball he just ran and ran like Forrest Gump, till he ran out of pitch.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Loved watching Dolly Menga. Could nutmeg half a team then put the shot at the end of it into another postcode.