Weather watch 30th December

4 hours ago, TheLad said:

A lot of rain in last couple of days and a freezing night predicted.

I fancy a few games will not go ahead tomorrow. Any early call offs or inspections planned?

Whitehill looking for volunteers tonight to help wi the pitch so must be confident of getting it playable tomorrow. 

Was hoping for a game close to Loanhead where I’m imprisoned until gone 1pm today.

Pitch inspections at Whitehill Welfare v Vale of Leithen (NOW OFF), and Nitten Star v Arniston (inspection at 12pm).

Edinburgh v Edinburgh is already off at Paties Road. As is Peebles v Ormiston.

No word on Easthouses v Dalkeith yet.

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC
Jack Frost

9 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Stirling University EOS v Edinburgh College (at Ochilview according to Scottish Fixtures) seems to be the last hope?

Too far away for me to get to on time today, so I’m away home to put my feet up.

From up in Aberdeenshire, the Paties Road derby would have been my target match day out today but unsurprisingly that grass pitch was an early call off.

But with this one at Ochilview still showing as ON at 11am I got on a series of trains to Larbert. Call off was only announced at 12:25, by which stage I carried on and completed my journey anyway. Very thick snow in the countryside between Perth & Stirling, but from Larbert station walking up to the ground pavements were just wet, lawns were visible, and grass verges soft. Nobody there and all locked up of course. You can see the 3G pitch through cracks in the gates though. Only the very lightest of dustings! With all lines perfectly visible. Pathetic that this artificial pitch was deemed unplayable - it seems that that light dusting wasn't the only 'snowflake'...

A good pint of real ale in the Station Hotel at Larbert before the long journey back, with a flooded line up my way meaning having to squeeze on a very full bus for the last leg of a frustrating day.

At Meadowbank this afternoon: 

"It's a white out in the East of Scotland today"

"What? Even Hutchi Vale?"

"Aye"

"But we're on"

"Aye, but it's always freezing at Ainslie Park"

"Mair freezing than Meadowbank??! Hutchi must have had injuries...."