Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - 02/01/2024

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They need fined.

3 postponements in half a season, 2 back to back, because their pitch is drainage is dogshit and has been for years.

Its embarrassing. 

What a fucking state to get in.

Just now, Liam899 said:

I get the pitch/drainage is shite but surely there’s something else that can be done? Undoing the good work of Doc at this rate. 

Theres something seiously wrong if your pitch cant dry out with about 4hrs of rain free weather to come.

You better hope your new stadium is done within a few years as Dens is clearly fucked. 

If that’s all the rain it takes to saturate the Dens pitch now then there’ll be more postponements to come over the winter for sure.

Hopefully other results fall our way today and we can get new bodies in the door and ready to play before the new date.

Total joke. Postponements will always happen, we live in Scotland after all, but 3 already this season and it's not been that bad a winter is not good. Surely if they knew the rain was coming, they could have put down covers or something?

Sad that this got called off. Brought the Missus over from the States and it's the first time I've been home in Dundee for Christmas and New Year in 7 years.  Was hoping to see them play. Ah well back to the shifty MLS it is.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If that’s all the rain it takes to saturate the Dens pitch now then there’ll be more postponements to come over the winter for sure.

4hrs until kick off, with no rain forecast, and this pitch isnt expected to be playable by then.

GC1caFMWoAAyIKy.thumb.jpeg.36a2f091daa1ac54d909b6beb1d1d889.jpeg

The drainage is either utterly fucked or the ground staff is incompetent. Id be amazed if any other games in the top 4 tiers are off today.

On 23/12/2023 at 12:44, Shadow Play said:

@Pete the Jakey I’m sending the identical drainage kit you sent us back in October when the Dundee v Ross County game at Dens was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.  The drainage system definitely works*

Thanks again.

* currently raining in Dundee so I may have spoken too soon……….

IMG_2919.jpeg

@Shadow Play Happy new year, have some drainage pipe on me.

Who are the Dundee clowns blaming this week?  The referee again?  Freak weather conditions that only affected that one specific part of Dundee?  Opposition teams for not wanting to play in wellies?  People of a different religion?  The SPFL?  The SFA?