Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - 02/01/2024

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Damaged what?

Its the drainage thats the problem at Dens. The same end of the pitch has been waterlogging for years and theyve done f**k all about it.

The thing is, they did do something about it. The paid a tidy sum - in a rented facility - to try and improve it. Would you put a new kitchen in someone else's house?

It's now back in their hands, it's entirely up to them whether they plough money into it or (as I would guess, I know I wouldnt) keep pressing ahead with the new stadium.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No they were told of a pitch inspection at 9.30 and that it looked promising. Not that it would go ahead. 

Aye, second half information confused things there.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

The thing is, they did do something about it. The paid a tidy sum - in a rented facility - to try and improve it. Would you put a new kitchen in someone else's house?

If youre renting a flat, and it floods through a window every time it rains, and you can't leave the flat as theres no others available, then yes, id be buying a new window rather than just shoving a cover over the window.

Its quite clear youll be playing at Dens for years regardless of who owns it, so just sort it out and stop shafting everyone.

Just now, stu2910 said:

Wild, almost like it’s in a different town.

Lochee Park also hosting a game today.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If youre renting a flat, and it floods through a window every time it rains, and you can't leave the flat as theres no others available, then yes, id be buying a new window.

Well, you're a fucking idiot.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I'd certainly be demanding my landlord put a new window in, rather than blaming everyone else under the sun for your stuff getting ruined.

Again - they paid quite handsomely for drainage. 

It's not something I would ever have done in a rented facility, but they done it.

I'm also yet to see the club blame anyone for rain. Who did they blame?

My observations - 

1) it’s a shambles and there is a problem with the drainage. 
2) there are mitigating circumstances as clearly there have been spells of EXTREMELY heavy rain - only an idiot would argue otherwise. 
3) genuine question (for experts only, not Perth fuds googling - I can do that myself) - where do you train the surface water to? Nowadays you’re not allowed to discharge this sort of stuff in to the public sewer, clearly a lot of businesses are operating with historical agreements in place but if you have to alter things, and put more surface water down, will SEPA Permit that?

4) Tim Keys has been owner for 10 years and there’s not been the slightest financial irregularity in that time. So 6 months from Admin is just slavering nonsense. 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yep. Get this utter shambles out the league and back to the seaside where they belong 

How's that going to help? There's even more water at the seaside.

28 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You said its been a normal winter. 

We are barely into winter. October isn't winter and yet your pitch was flooded then. 3 of your 10 home games have had to be postponed so far and we aren't into the time of the year where we have the harshest weather. We haven't had long frozen spells or much in the way of heavy snow.

Whatever way you cut it, Dundee are at fault. Throw in the whole antiquated way of selling tickets, Dundee just look amateurish. 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Can we all agree that Kilmarnock and Livingston have far better pitches than Dundee. Plastic or not.

I'm quite looking forward to Kilmarnock going back to grass (and Livingston going back to League 1). Is it 2025 for both? I'll need to mark my calendar.

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Throw in the whole antiquated way of selling tickets

:lol:

I’m just glad the decision was made before I left the house for the 3 hour Journey from Elgin to Dens, don’t get to that many matches and was looking forward to it.

Main point is we’ve 4 weeks till our next home match and John Nelms really needs to be getting contractors organised now to sort the area in front of the Bobby Cox stand where all the problems seem to be. Yes it will cost money but we can’t really afford any more postponements if we’re to give this best Dundee team in years a fair crack at finishing round the 6th-8th place that is more than achievable with this squad.

25 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Again - they paid quite handsomely for drainage. 

It's not something I would ever have done in a rented facility, but they done it.

I'm also yet to see the club blame anyone for rain. Who did they blame?

F250A085-E685-4F02-90FE-4BE5B9D10B0D.gif.1760864af2b4360d0a1701084516cac5.gif

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not the only flooding that's happened - this thread is awash with fucking morons.

Don't pretend for a minute that, were the boot on the other foot, Dundee funs wouldn't be exactly the same. It's fair enough to say you want a new stadium because the existing one costs too much to upkeep but that shouldn't give you the right to neglect the current stadium to this extent.