Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's mostly down to the parents.

100% agree. My son's a police officer based down in Sheffield. We talk on the phone every week and he tells me about the shite he has to deal with. Last week, he attended a 3 a.m. domestic on a notorious inner-city scheme. Whilst he was trying to sort out the screaming parents, he turned around to find their 9-year-old kid coming at him with a machete. What a world we live in.

Really sorry to hear about what happened, and I hope the laddie will be OK. It's not surprising to see Pars and Rovers supporters so united in disgust.

Best wishes from Greenock.

Just saw the video of the young lad being attacked, due to the new under 25s aren't to be held responsible for anything to do because its apparently not their fault guidance they'll be lucky if they even get a slap on the wrists.

Hopefully some social justice can be dished out if that turns out to be the case as their faces are plastered all over the place.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What has it got to do with Blair McNally? Is he making this all about him  purely for Twitter interaction farming?

Don't care what his motives are. Blair's alright in my book and if his interactions help smoke these scumbags out, we'll all be better for it. 

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What has it got to do with Blair McNally? Is he making this all about him  purely for Twitter interaction farming?

Seems to be that way. I’m not believing for one minute he would be serving out any skelpings personally. Despite his tweets making it sound that way. 

4 hours ago, Daz80 said:

Well rightly or wrongly i was carried away at the goal, excuse or not. Was it stupid? Course it was, i know this, I looked like a fanny but lets not make it out to be something it’s not. It was a celebration, don’t think I’ve noticed you mention the attack on the fan outside the ground. 

Been there,done it got the t-shirt

Love your passion mate and had a wee chuckle at the whole incident.End of the day,no harm done

We seem to have a lot of fans that are whiter then white

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

hope their parents are proud of them................ oh wait they most probably are.

I really hope their parents blooter them, but they kids all be playing the blame game right now and parents will not want to believe their little angels could do such a cowardly disgusting thing. 
 different in my early teens, I can still feel some of the pastings I got just for looking at someone with a bit contempt, let alone bullying some guy that didn’t stand a chance in defending himself. Kids have nothing to fear nowadays, so they keep pushing their boundaries. Hopefully this is taking to the highest levels of prosecution available. The lad and his family deserve that at the very least. 

Edited by Wacky

8 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I noticed also that Section North West released a statement via their social media channels, again condemning the attack, saying that these people aren't actually members/involved with the group.

That’s going well I see.

29 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I really hope their parents blooter them, but they kids all be playing the blame game right now and parents will not want to believe their little angels could do such a cowardly disgusting thing. 
 different in my early teens, I can still feel some of the pastings I got just for looking at someone with a bit contempt, let alone bullying some guy that didn’t stand a chance in defending himself. Kids have nothing to fear nowadays, so they keep pushing their boundaries. Hopefully this is taking to the highest levels of prosecution available. The lad and his family deserve that at the very least. 

I'm not following, you got a pasting from your parents for looking at somebody with contempt or you got a pasting from some other teenagers for looking at somebody with contempt?

Just looking to be clear so we can all understand the life lesson here. 

43 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Been there,done it got the t-shirt

Love your passion mate and had a wee chuckle at the whole incident.End of the day,no harm done

We seem to have a lot of fans that are whiter then white

That’s it, no looking for trouble, just a stupid way of showing my passion. Being drunk and daft doesn’t help my cause. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Parents shouldn't be battering their children. 

I totally agree, I’m talking about back in my day when it was acceptable, and the police wouldn’t get involved in family matters. 
the police took me home one day in the 70’s for running away from them, I’d be about ten or eleven. They were after me thinking I’d broken a window on the clinic in Abbeyview. We were all hitting stones with a couple of golf clubs that were found in a bin, inevitably a window got broken and we all ran away. I didn’t hit the shot that did the damage, but I was skelpping stones with the rest of them. I blootered under the “flee wi the craws” mantra. Sadly that was accepted in those days. 
taking phones and computer games away seems to be the norm nowadays 

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm not following, you got a pasting from your parents for looking at somebody with contempt or you got a pasting from some other teenagers for looking at somebody with contempt?

Just looking to be clear so we can all understand the life lesson here. 

I used that phrase to express how easy it was to feel the wrath of my dad back then. I didn’t expect someone to take it literally. Lesson learnt though. 
Anything that was deemed wrong by my dad was punishable by a  blootering. Right and wrong was dictated by my dad, and by the time I was a teenager you better believe I was keeping my nose clean. 
it not acceptable these days, but was in Abbeyview when I was a boy. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Absolutely, McNally and his main character syndrome will dive into any cause he thinks he can use to make himself look good. Definitely one for the watching, IMO.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Pasted by your parents for looking at someone the wrong way? 

3 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

You currently a better footballing team than us however you could win the ECL and still be the wee team neebs, sun shines on a dogs arse some days 😉, normality will be restored soon enough.

I think over the next couple of years you better get used to the sun shining 😂😂😉🌞