Stirling VS Accies

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 11:00. I confidently predict this will be postponed, embarrassing from Stirling again.

Not as embarrassing as your club’s pathetic attempts to play mind games through the media this week 🤔

2 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Surely this will go ahead? Now comfortably above freezing and to stay that way until 3pm tomorrow. Could waterlogging be more of an issue than the frost?

Agreed.  Ground has some give and only becoming better.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 11:00. I confidently predict this will be postponed, embarrassing from Stirling again.

Aye, almost as embarrassing as your weather balloon made out of your maws knickers ya clownshoe 

It can surely only now be the infamous strip devoid of sunlight that's putting it in question.

I'm getting more hopeful as the evening goes on and the white patches on the back lawn are starting to disappear.

Will be a tough game. We really got the run around first half in our precious hoke game against Hamilton and were lucky to go in only 1 down. Second half was as well as we.played all season.

Will need a lot of that to take anything tomorrow but the past few performances have been more encouraging.

On 06/01/2024 at 15:37, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Embarrassing. 

23 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Get this amateur grass park shite back to league 2.

Appreciate i'm not there but I can't see how the pitch would still be frozen by 3pm.

Also find it a bit strange that Stirling have covers, but didn't use them as, in their words, it was too cold for them to be effective.

Must be pretty shite covers if they aren't effective at a few degrees below zero, however i'm sure they would still have reduced the level of frost that got into the ground and would have allowed it to thaw in time.

Actively avoiding protecting your pitch not once, but twice, should carry a penalty imo.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Appreciate i'm not there but I can't see how the pitch would still be frozen by 3pm.

Also find it a bit strange that Stirling have covers, but didn't use them as, in their words, it was too cold for them to be effective.

Must be pretty shite covers if they aren't effective at a few degrees below zero, however i'm sure they would still have reduced the level of frost that got into the ground and would have allowed it to thaw in time.

Actively avoiding protecting your pitch not once, but twice, should carry a penalty imo.

Completely agree (maybe not so much about the penalty, but this is certainly embarrassing). The statement about the covers earlier in the week was bizarre. 

Just now, unitedbino said:

Completely agree (maybe not so much about the penalty, but this is certainly embarrassing). The statement about the covers earlier in the week was bizarre. 

Suspended penalty then, maybe. It just doesn't look very professional for a club to announce they won't be selling tickets cos it's to be cold in the same tweet saying they won't be using their covers to protect against frost, then have the game postponed for a second time in two weeks.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Stirling would prefer not to play this fixture at the current time.

Clubs should be encouraged to do all they can to get fixtures on.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It just doesn't look very professional for a club to announce they won't be selling tickets cos it's to be cold in the same tweet saying they won't be using their covers to protect against frost, then have the game postponed for a second time in two weeks.

The thing is I wouldn't say our pitch is bad. It's generally considered one of the better grass pitches in the lower leagues. Last season, we did a great job of getting games on in bad weather. Not sure what's going on this season - especially with the amazing cold weather covers that don't work in cold weather.

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Suspended penalty then, maybe. It just doesn't look very professional for a club to announce they won't be selling tickets cos it's to be cold in the same tweet saying they won't be using their covers to protect against frost, then have the game postponed for a second time in two weeks.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Stirling would prefer not to play this fixture at the current time.

Clubs should be encouraged to do all they can to get fixtures on.

As an Annan fan. It is my opinion that this 100% a tactical call off ? No wonder we’re laughed at !!!

19 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

The thing is I wouldn't say our pitch is bad. It's generally considered one of the better grass pitches in the lower leagues. Last season, we did a great job of getting games on in bad weather. Not sure what's going on this season - especially with the amazing cold weather covers that don't work in cold weather.

I know there is a lot of hate for artificial pitches, but it's at this time of year they are a real asset to clubs in Scotland.

Everyone would love to have a well kept grass pitch with USH but it's just not practical or sustainable for about 50% of our clubs.

Not all artificial pitches are the same either so the clamour to ban them all from the top flight is shameful imo.

Anyway, off to the pub now regardless and fingers crossed i can make the re-re-arranged fixture.