Arbroath v Dundee United- 2nd Jan 24

Dundee United first footers at Gayfield.

Will Arbroath have eleven fit players!! Gonna be a very tough game for Arbroath with a very small pool of fit players to choose from against United who looked good against Thistle on Friday, Just hope we manage to put up a better fight than our last two games against United in which we were pretty awful. Should be a good atmosphere with a healthy United support.

With our depleted squad and having only 2 days rest before this game I don't expect another result like there was on Saturday. Just hoping that we put in a good, fighting performance and don't run out of steam late in the game.

I got a pair of heated insoles at Xmas, looking forward to see if they keep my feet warm on the terrace at Gayfield 😊

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

3 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Big game this for your Arabs @DUAFC

After Arbroath done your big team a favour on Saturday it would be criminal to not pick up 3 points tomorrow. 

Thanks for that and a happy new year to you. 

Great to see you're managing to keep a lid on it these days. 

Expect this to be a much closer match than the last two encounters !

Arbroath have been putting in some fine performances ( a small squad due to injuries and suspensions), but still playing really well.

United are red hot favourites to win of course - no doubt about that.

Score prediction: Arbroath 2- United 2 (provided United are off form and blasting their chances into the north sea).

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Any chance of this being off? We are looking to go since the Diddly Dees are incapable of getting a pitch ready for a match after normal Scottish weather. 

Could be difficult getting a ticket.  Social media is full of Dundee United fans looking for spares, and our club have put restrictions on the home fans that can buy a ticket.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

This could be an interesting line up, surely if ToB and Steele didn't train all week, and both came off with knocks in the last game, they won't play this one?  So that leaves a back line of, erm, Hamilton (full back), Stewart (midfielder), Norey (midfielder), and possibly Lyons (midfielder)?  In the last game, we had to take off 4 players due to injury, but we see the return of a striker, an attacking midfielder, and a new winger.  My expectations are low here, especially considering what Dundee United have done to us in the previous games.  I think our aim is quite simply getting out of there with some dignity remaining intact.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Could be difficult getting a ticket.  Social media is full of Dundee United fans looking for spares, and our club have put restrictions on the home fans that can buy a ticket.

Got my briefs. MON THE SMOKIES 

22 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Got my briefs. MON THE SMOKIES 

Could’ve maybe got on the bench if you’d paid a bit more with the way things are with injuries just now 

24 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

This could be an interesting line up, surely if ToB and Steele didn't train all week, and both came off with knocks in the last game, they won't play this one?  So that leaves a back line of, erm, Hamilton (full back), Stewart (midfielder), Norey (midfielder), and possibly Lyons (midfielder)?  In the last game, we had to take off 4 players due to injury, but we see the return of a striker, an attacking midfielder, and a new winger.  My expectations are low here, especially considering what Dundee United have done to us in the previous games.  I think our aim is quite simply getting out of there with some dignity remaining intact.

I think it’ll be 

Norey RB

Lyon CH

Hamilton CH

Stewart RB

Which is wild - Steele in there would be a huge plus if he can make it

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Could’ve maybe got on the bench if you’d paid a bit more with the way things are with injuries just now 

I think it’ll be 

Norey RB

Lyon CH

Hamilton CH

Stewart RB

Which is wild - Steele in there would be a huge plus if he can make it

Isn't playing 2 right backs a bit unbalanced?