Ross County v Aberdeen (Tuesday 2nd Jan, 3pm k.o.)

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Do I praise Barry or do I go all ‘I told you so!’ On him? 

For me, all yesterday did was highlight just how incompetent Robson is. He is in the wrong job, and that’s very clear to see. 
He has wasted 5 months with his rigid, predictable formation and style from yesteryear when the majority have been wanting a formation along the lines of yesterday in these types of games 

He was probably out of a job if yesterday was a similar performance to the St Mirren game and he knew it and he had to concede and play that way in the last chance saloon. 
If anything it has made me want him to go even more.

Even if we go in a spell of improved form, it’s highly unlikely we can get 3rd and that’s all on him and his lack of ability to get the best out of his squad and get anything resembling a decent team blend on the pitch against teams we should be beating more often than not. 

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It was a ridiculous decision by the VAR.

That tit Nick Walsh.

And Jack Baldwin never fails to surprise me. 
Every time I see him play, he manages to look worse every time 

Maybe Aberdeen should seek an explanation from the SFA, like the vermin did?

I don't think momentum carrying you in to the box should be a penalty.

A bit different with the shirt pull.

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It was a ridiculous decision by the VAR.

That tit Nick Walsh.

And Jack Baldwin never fails to surprise me. 
Every time I see him play, he manages to look worse every time 

Maybe Aberdeen should seek an explanation from the SFA, like the vermin did?

To me the foul was committed outside the box so it looks like the correct decision. 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

I don't think momentum carrying you in to the box should be a penalty.

A bit different with the shirt pull.

Baldwin was still in the process of halfing Sokler when in the penalty box.

He’s one of the biggest hatchet men in Scotland.

Horrendous player 

Morecambe will have 100 players better than him 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

4 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

To be honest, Aberdeens team/squad is vastly superiors to County’s, regardless of form. 

Sorry, according to our Facebook fans if we'd just dropped Jordan White we'd have beaten you 5-0.

Our Facebook fans are muppets.

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Sorry, according to our Facebook fans if we'd just dropped Jordan White we'd have beaten you 5-0.

Our Facebook fans are muppets.

Yeah mate agree all fans are strange creatures 🤣

It’s not to say that County can’t beat Aberdeen in a 1 off match, just as we could (never happens) beat Celtic in a 1 off match. But overall we have a far superior squad to Ross county so should win the majority of the games. 
Simon Murray upfront kind of shows you the level of player you are dealing with. He’s simply not Premier league standard. 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Baldwin was still in the process of halfing Sokler when in the penalty box.

He’s one of the biggest hatchet men in Scotland.

Horrendous player 

Morecambe will have 100 players better than him 

Don't disagree with that but it's where the foul is originally committed, unless it's holding.

On 03/01/2024 at 09:02, coprolite said:

Barry showed he can change. Now he needs to show he can learn. I'm not hopeful but it's a step in the right direction.

That would take ‘thraan Inverurie loon’ to new levels if he went back to the three at the back trainwreck yet again.

Tuesday was an enjoyable style of football - I would even be motivated to go to McDiarmid Park (which takes some doing) if I knew he would stick with this personnel and formation.

49 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

That would take ‘thraan Inverurie loon’ to new levels if he went back to the three at the back trainwreck yet again.

Tuesday was an enjoyable style of football - I would even be motivated to go to McDiarmid Park (which takes some doing) if I knew he would stick with this personnel and formation.

He has changed to four in midfield a couple of times, it worked better but he still went back to 5-3-2.  It's a different situation now though, he's exhausted any banked goodwill and is a cup upset or thrashing away from the sack, so maybe he can't afford to be overconfident in his preferred formation now. ("he said, more in hope than expectation") 

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

You'll get 4-3-3 against us, with a great attacking looking side, then lose 1-0 to the only shot on target either side has. Likely a 25 yard sclaff from Stevie May that hits a divot and wrong foots the keeper.