Dumbarton V East Fife 6/1/2024

Dumbarton V East Fife  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Sons welcome East Fife as first-footers for our 1st home game of 2024.

With a couple of postponements the fixtures are stacking up, can Uncle Faz deliver?

It's a must-win for The Sons & I'm pretty sure East Fife would welcome 3 points too.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure what the weather is like but home win if it goes ahead. East Fife are gash. 

Deckchairs out, according to BBC Weather

snapshot_www.bbc.co.uk_1704197279388.png

Edited by Silverton End

The Broomhill game being off last weekend probably gives the pitch a decent chance of being playable.  As for the game itself, nothing would surprise me to be honest, as I fear we are now picking up too many injuries to field a settled team.  I'm also not nearly as relaxed with the goalkeeping situation as some folk seem to be.

Like Forfar, East Fife have never got out of the blocks this season but they played some nice football at Methil.  For several reasons however I'm hoping it's the Loons who spring to life this weekend.

48 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm also not nearly as relaxed with the goalkeeping situation as some folk seem to be.

Very much this. Our fortunes here will absolutely depend on signing a new goalkeeper and who we have available for selection. Durnan and Orsi being fit would be massive for us and we could do without another player missing due to the weekly illness curse that we seem to have. 

Out of interest, does anyone know how serious Durnan’s “setback” is? Or how serious Orsi’s “knock” is?

We don’t do well at Dumbarton…so home win if we loose 5-0 here like usual he has to go I’m afraid!

we are probably still riddled with injuries we were down to barebones up at Forfar last week and for the Bonnyrigg game the previous weekend.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Fans of yellow cards will be pleased to hear that we have Duncan Williams in charge of this one. For what feels like the 26th Sons game he'll have taken charge of this season.

*Heads over to Mr Hill to place a bet on the number of cards in the match* 😏

9 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Fans of yellow cards will be pleased to hear that we have Duncan Williams in charge of this one. For what feels like the 26th Sons game he'll have taken charge of this season.

You really do love him don’t you 😂

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Durnan situation is becoming very frustrating. Do we have any idea when he’s actually due back or how serious the setback is? That is now well over 2 months since he last kicked a baw for us!

Experience tells us that the original predicted absence should be multiplied by π/0.819.  

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

You really do love him don’t you 😂

I just want to know what was going through his head at Ochilview in August when he started firing the cards out left, right and centre :lol:

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I just want to know what was going through his head at Ochilview in August when he started firing the cards out left, right and centre :lol:

Oh it’s easy done…..trust me 😂