October 

December

September 

April 

August

May 

June 

July

January traditionally being the worst month as it’s just after Christmas holidays and the weather is shit with June/July being festival season with the days nice and long and nice weather. 

Now that I’m a bit older and into gardening I don’t think I even have a preferred month anymore and all the months compliment one another nicely.

January - I’m usually happy to see the end of lying about the house drinking nowadays and going back to work is nowhere near as bad as it once was. That said it’s still dark and weather mostly shit.

February - days start getting longer and you start to see a few daffodils coming up. 6 nations on.

March - Tulips starting to come up - days getting longer clocks go forward. Quite often pish weather still tho.

April - spring bulbs in full bloom and can start planting summer bulbs. Usually get a week off work for Easter, football getting good grand national on. A very good month.

May - Always reminds me of when exams were on in school - end of term and of football season so we get the fa cup final, Scottish cup final, champions league finals. Eurovision also on and there are local galas as well.  It always seems to a constant stream of fun events.

June - I’m starting to think this is an overrated month, I’m never off work and there aren’t any festivals on anymore. Unless there’s a tournament on its never really that good.

July - A bit like June and even though i now get 2 weeks off work for the Glasgow trades it’s still just not my favourite time of year for a reason I can’t quite put my finger on.

August - Seems like the time I start to enjoy summer for some reason. Edinburgh fringe is on and there always seems to be something on for me every weekend. Also football comes back on and garden on full bloom.

September - My birthday and always take a long weekend around middle of the month. Weathers usually still good and even if it’s cooling off a bit and darker it’s still lovely in Edinburgh.

October - I enjoy the leaves turning colour and the sunrises and sunsets you get in October. Also took the kids out trick or treating this year and loved it, I had never really appreciated the ambiance around Halloween until this year.

November - Still a bit shit if I’m honest.

December - Always well and truly sick of working by December and looking forward to Christmas which is always an anti climax. When I’m imagining how nice a time I’ll be having when chilling out around the house I never think of the downsides which are normally how disgusting I feel in the mornings. Also bowel movements are never enjoyable particularly when at someone else’s house. Also very expensive month.

To summarise I’d say late summer is my preferred time of year but May is my favourite month for activities being on.

I’m not sure I even like Christmas or not.

April/May basically as the worst weather is in the rearview mirror and you've got the anticipation of the summer with holidays and travel etc. Also really like August/September time.

Edited by 2426255

My favourite months would be November, December and January as they are slightly cooler where I am than the rest of the year.  I love Christmas and my birthday is in January so those are another reason.  Not really too much difference between the months here compared to the UK.  

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

April/May basically as the worst weather is in the rearview mirror and you've got the anticipation of the summer with holidays and travel etc. Also really like August/September time.

Yeah the anticipation of summer is a great feeling rather than the event itself. It’s much like Christmas when the day itself is an anti climax but the build up is nice and serves as a distraction to the shite weather and the dark.

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

Clicked on this excitedly as I thought it was about moths.

I’m pretty indifferent about moths tbh. Not sure what there would be to discuss.

Another vote for April as the premier month, particularly when you consider that with the impact of global warming late April seems to be often be the most sustained period of good weather in Scotland nowadays, meaning first beer gardens of the year happen then.

December, January and February are all utterly shite. Weather is honking, permanently dark and miserable, and Christmas just becomes a more overblown and expensive bag of shite year on year. Forced and uncomfortable social events with cnuts you spend the rest of your time avoiding can gtf as well.

September is the top boy for me. Weather can still be decent here, and in the Canaries and Turkey where we tend to holiday, the temperature is at a level more suited to my complexion and tolerance than the height of summer.

Edited by 'WellDel

1. May - the football season coming to a head, lot of big important games. Decent weather.
2. June - usually the sunniest and least wet month. Your optimism is up ready for a long hot summer
3. July - summer arrives and it lets you down mostly as usual. Still, at least it isn't cold and there's some sun. Football tourney every 2 years
4. August - the football is back baby
5. April - spring is in the air, light nights are back and the vile winter is in the near view mirror
6. September - the first poor month. starts to turn cold, just meh
7. March - a shite month, but a little less cold and dark than the previous
8. December - a terrible month, only saved by the darts and some nights out
9. February - dark, cold, wet, grim. At least its only 28 days
10. October - shite. the Monday of Months, the opener to 5 months of hell
11. November - vile. nothing more to be said
12. January - back at work, still freezing, dark, wet. Christmas in the past, nothing to look forward to for months. grim state of affairs

Have you considered getting into gardening Jives? Mine was looking incredible in October/November time with the begonia roses and dahlia in full bloom. I had to cut them all back before the first frost in November but then planted the spring bulbs afterwards. It makes the months seem less shit.

32 minutes ago, throbber said:

Have you considered getting into gardening Jives? Mine was looking incredible in October/November time with the begonia roses and dahlia in full bloom. I had to cut them all back before the first frost in November but then planted the spring bulbs afterwards. It makes the months seem less shit.

Have you considered burying all your communication devices in the garden?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you considered burying all your communication devices in the garden?

No I wouldn’t be able to live without my phone,

Top 5 months: 

1. December - the most wonderful time of the year

2. July - the League Cup group stages, the second most wonderful time of the year

3/4. April/May - peak football season

5. October - my birthday, spooky season and an international break

Edited by accies1874

December is the best.

Dark nights - so most of the scumbags stay indoors (as opposed to summertime when they're out all hours and often with their tops off as well, unfortunately), if I'm early shift I'm not struggling to sleep due to brighter evenings and no one is out having BBQs with music blaring.

Colder weather - so I'm not absolutely sweating or stinking all day.

I can go outside without my eyes and nose streaming due to hayfever. 

It has Christmas and folk generally behave less dickish as a result. 

The only downside to December for me is the financial hit but that's down to poor financial planning on my part really.