A discussion about months.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dark nights - so most of the scumbags stay indoors (as opposed to summertime when they're out all hours and often with their tops off as well, unfortunately), if I'm early shift I'm not struggling to sleep due to brighter evenings and no one is out having BBQs with music blaring.

Agree with that, also you dont get wasps in the house or other insects so you can leave the dishes to go mouldy with reduced consequences.

Edited by 2426255

Hate autumnal months almost as much as winter months.

Smell of decay and dampness and months of crap weather ahead.  Actually starting to hate August now too.

May is undoubtedly my favourite month, life is in top gear, the colour of new foliage and the smell of wild garlic.

I also like wasps and bees.

21 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Hate autumnal months almost as much as winter months.

Smell of decay and dampness and months of crap weather ahead.  Actually starting to hate August now too.

May is undoubtedly my favourite month, life is in top gear, the colour of new foliage and the smell of wild garlic.

I also like wasps and bees.

The foliage on a crisp day in October/November is absolutely spectacular in Scotland. I had a drive from Aviemore back to Edinburgh early November just there and it was breathtaking.

In recent years the weather has been pretty mild through the winters. I remember January 2022 being particularly nice and sunny. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The foliage on a crisp day in October/November is absolutely spectacular in Scotland. I had a drive from Aviemore back to Edinburgh early November just there and it was breathtaking.

In recent years the weather has been pretty mild through the winters. I remember January 2022 being particularly nice and sunny. 

I get what you mean but unfortunately all I feel is a loss of the summer.

I really need a mental reset regarding this.

10 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I get what you mean but unfortunately all I feel is a loss of the summer.

I really need a mental reset regarding this.

I used to be the same and would just write off winter as shit and summer aa good by default but things change with time. Like I said before gardening is a big part of it for me, I planted 250 tulips and daffodils in November just there and I cut back all my other plants and stored my dahlia away so it very much feels like out with the old in with the new which is good for the soul. 

New Year's Day used to legally be March 25th (Lady Day).

Wonder if people could feel different/better if all the celebrations, resolutions, fresh start etc. came as spring was beginning, not mid-winter and 1 week after Christmas.

February is the Tuesday of the month world. Last bit of fun is over, next bit of fun is way off. The weather’s always crap, Christmas bonus is spent and the credit card bills are rolling in. Get February TF. Tuesday too, while we’re at it.

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

February is the Tuesday of the month world. Last bit of fun is over, next bit of fun is way off. The weather’s always crap, Christmas bonus is spent and the credit card bills are rolling in. Get February TF. Tuesday too, while we’re at it.

I feel similarly about Tuesdays. An absolute binfire of a day where everything that has ever gone wrong for me at work has occurred. Monday is actually a good day for me these days they usually fly in.