A discussion about months.

It's the mark's that they make on the ceiling/walls when you squish them. 

Edit. Late spring and early summer are probably the best.

Edited by bennett

April to June is the best part of the year

I'm also always astonished that late November with dark nights / snow like we saw this year is only 3 months on from late August. The year seems to take an age to warm up but goes cold very quickly. I therefore propose the new month of #HEXEMBER to slot in between August and September to slow it down a bit

Feb alright as starts getting noticably lighter. I definately suffer from SAD. Yet, don't like when it's too light either.

March often cold, exceptions of courae. That first year of Covid, mind it was better than summer those first 3 months weather wise. I was lucky didn't lose anyone (sorry for those that did).

Summer I often find overrated. Must invest in blackout blinds for summer. Too light!!!

April & May are great months. Also good months for league football, whether County fighting relegation or going for promotion play offs / league Championship. Interesting being a County fan then.

This mid June to mid July will be great for mens Euro's. Scotland there this time. Can't wait, though can't afford to go. Lucky for those that can.

Mid August through to Sept also perfect. Sept probably my fav month of all.

October don't like, usually rain starts. November the worst. December not great, but Christmas can be nice some years. Though for many, a difficult time of year.

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Feb alright as starts getting noticably lighter. I definately suffer from SAD. Yet, don't like when it's too light 

For fucksake, maybe you could narrow your preference down to a particular day.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for April and May.

Not just because of the end of winter, but often we get sustained lovely weather. June and July ought to be nicer, but many years we have crappy summer washouts and have to wait until August and September for another proper batch of loveliness.
So after April and May I'd vote for August to October. The winter here can GTF. It isn't even proper winter; just an extended dark miasma of dreich shite.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

I take back anything positive I may have said about January or February, absolutely fucking terrible.

Best months of the year weatherwise for me.

Personal Perspective Of Man Holding A Cocktail In Seaside Swimming Pool  Mexico High-Res Stock Photo - Getty Images

On 03/01/2024 at 12:08, 19QOS19 said:

It has Christmas and folk generally behave less dickish as a result.

Fucking what :lol:

I find the human race at their most unbearable around Christmas, everybody forcing you to be jolly, the worst drinkers in history fill the pubs, people spend thousands on useless shite that nobody wants. A good munch on Christmas day is the only redeeming feature.

I despise the winter months, cold, dark, shite and expensive. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fucking what :lol:

I find the human race at their most unbearable around Christmas, everybody forcing you to be jolly, the worst drinkers in history fill the pubs, people spend thousands on useless shite that nobody wants. A good munch on Christmas day is the only redeeming feature.

I despise the winter months, cold, dark, shite and expensive. 

Aye, but that apart...

7 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

There should be 13 months of 28 days, not 12 months of random ones.

30 days have September, April, June and November, all the rest have 31 except February.

Made up pish.

That would leave us a day short.  

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

If we just did away with the Leap day, how long  would it take for us to really notice? For instance, Christmas in the summer sounds good, I see no disadvantage really, as the calendar is a human construct I think we’d all be fine.

It would take 730 years for Christmas to fall at the exact opposite time of the year.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

If we just did away with the Leap day, how long  would it take for us to really notice? For instance, Christmas in the summer sounds good, I see no disadvantage really, as the calendar is a human construct I think we’d all be fine.

42 minutes ago, throbber said:

It would take 730 years for Christmas to fall at the exact opposite time of the year.

Novelty fact: rather than just miss a dozen days in 1 go like most nations - Sweden tried to move from Julian to Gregorian calendar gradually over 40yrs... by omitting all leap days from 1700 to 1740. However after 1700 the Great Northern War began and with local administration breaking-down it wasn't continued.

To sort themselves out... in 1712 they observed Thursday 29th February and Friday 30th February.