๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿงก Shed v Cowshed ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’™

47 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Those highlights are glorious.ย 

Indeed. But for me - George Oakley's run straight over to the bench after his winner - along with the reaction from Dougie & his staff - was a thing of sheer joy. I must have watched that segment 50 times. It shouts 'team spirit' louder than anything else I could possibly imagine.

Potential penalty still looks an absolute stone waller on the Dundee utd highlights, although there is a Dundee utd vlogger who's camera from behind the goal shows a better angle of Holt pulling Broadfoot more than it looks like from the stand camera. Still the wrong decision from the ref for me.ย 

Goodwin is just talking pish about the second yellow though. Unless his analyst has got one of those fake cctv cameras you see in movies where they zoom in clearly on shite resolution images to make a perfect image then there's absolutely no way he has seen Sibbald get a toe on that ball.ย 

9 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Potential penalty still looks an absolute stone waller on the Dundee utd highlights, although there is a Dundee utd vlogger who's camera from behind the goal shows a better angle of Holt pulling Broadfoot more than it looks like from the stand camera. Still the wrong decision from the ref for me.ย 

Goodwin is just talking pish about the second yellow though. Unless his analyst has got one of those fake cctv cameras you see in movies where they zoom in clearly on shite resolution images to make a perfect image then there's absolutely no way he has seen Sibbald get a toe on that ball.ย 

I was actually surprised how little there was in the alleged penalty incident on the replays; still, should be a wee reminder to Broadfoot to steer clear of the wrestling, for which he has previous.

Goodwin is clearly just deflecting and will clutch at anything at all; the fact that the so-called penalty and a pretty clear red card are all he can come up with just confirms that they lost fair and square.

And, as has been said, anyone who watched him as a player is just laughing at the 'way they play' garbage; Goodwin made a living booting and intimidating people while barely kicking an actual football.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not bad for a team that doesn't play fitba the right way.ย 

Radio Scotland were also buying into Goodwin's narrative that we're a bunch of hammer throwers, stating to the Ton fan that called in that 'it sounds like you were the piano movers and Dundee United were the piano players', or words to that effect. Neither they nor Goodwin had the grace or decency to acknowledge the first two goals came from some genuine quality in the build-up play.

While the 'they're good at what they do' narrative we've been tagged with since Sir Douglas took over is becoming lazy and tiresome, if they continue to focus on our so-calledย  'aggressiveness' and overlook our quality it surely plays into our hands, as it did yesterday.

Edited by cet homme charmant

That's is a brilliant finish for the third. Other particular peice of play I enjoyed was the Morton boy about 25 yards out and attempting headering back to his keeper in a box full of players - and Watt I'm assuming still managing to fรปck it up.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Actually stunned that any United fan could even attempt to claim Kevin Holt was fouled here. It's just bombscare defending, him trying to grab Oakley and then falling on his arse.

Fucking hell DABs. Embarrassing to try and claim that as a foul if you did.

ย 

Surely nobody is claiming it is aย foul on Holt. ย Even Holt doesnโ€™t claim for a foul. ย If anything Holt has a wild swipe at Oakley.

I always thought a major weakness in Holtโ€™s game was he didnโ€™t like it when things got physical. ย 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely nobody is claiming it is aย foul on Holt. ย Even Holt doesnโ€™t claim for a foul. ย If anything Holt has a wild swipe at Oakley.

I always thought a major weakness in Holtโ€™s game was he didnโ€™t like it when things got physical. ย 

It was clearly Holt who was fouling Oakley, not the other way around as claimed by Goodwin and many United fans. Sour grapes.

Goodwin and many other managers in the league confuse strength with 'aggression'.

There's no way that should be a freekick to Morton, but it's not a penalty either and it's in the category of not being a disallowed goal because regardless of Holt carrying on and heading it in after the whistle, every Morton player has stopped and makes no attempt to block it due to having heard the whistle. Terrible refereeing decision to bail out the defending team at a set-piece in a scenario where a penalty would never be given if the roles were reversed, but that happens several times a game including a couple in Dundee United's favour yesterday.

28 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

It was clearly Holt who was fouling Oakley, not the other way around as claimed by Goodwin and many United fans. Sour grapes.

Goodwin and many other managers in the league confuse strength with 'aggression'.

At the game several Utd fans may have thought it was a foul (myself included) but I donโ€™t think anyone would still be claiming for a foul after watching a replay of the incident.ย 

1 hour ago, cet homme charmant said:

ย 'it sounds like you were the piano movers and Dundee United were the piano players', or words to that effect

Tom English: a balloon who knows nothing about football (and hadnโ€™t bothered to watch the game).

The Morton supporter (guy who runs the forum and podcast) just had a quiet laugh and referred to Goodwin as a playerโ€ฆ

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

From our vantage in George Fox stand you could see Oakley had handfuls of Holtโ€™s shirt (and same at first goal with Graham, before playing wide for the cross) to the point it was almost up round his neck.ย 
ย 

However, watching it back from that angle it just looks like he is stronger than him, so fair enough.ย 

Edited by adamntg

1 hour ago, cet homme charmant said:

Radio Scotland were also buying into Goodwin's narrative that we're a bunch of hammer throwers, stating to the Ton fan that called in that 'it sounds like you were the piano movers and Dundee United were the piano players', or words to that effect. Neither they nor Goodwin had the grace or decency to acknowledge the first two goals came from some genuine quality in the build-up play.

While the 'they're good at what they do' narrative we've been tagged with since Sir Douglas took over is becoming lazy and tiresome, if they continue to focus on our so-calledย  'aggressiveness' and overlook our quality it surely plays into our hands, as it did yesterday.

Second goal was a terrible mistake from Tillson to give the ball away, but a great finish, granted.ย 

Tbf to Tom English, it seemed like he had his tongue firmly in cheek when picking up on Goodwin's comments. Seemed like he knew Goodwin was miles off it and just trying to get a rise out the Morton caller.

All of the BBC pundits said we were well worth the win and played some decent stuff

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

If big George's strike for the winner is deliberately timed with Weller singing 'a kick in the balls', that's an early contender for post of the year...

Either way, immense stuff.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Tbf to Tom English, it seemed like he had his tongue firmly in cheek when picking up on Goodwin's comments. Seemed like he knew Goodwin was miles off it and just trying to get a rise out the Morton caller.

All of the BBC pundits said we were well worth the win and played some decent stuff

This. I'm no fan of English by any stretch but he was clearly just giving the Morton boy a right of reply on Goodwin's comments.ย