Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

1 minute ago, keptie said:

Brown being announced as Ayr manager ain't doing Arbroath any favours if this game goes ahead. The Ayr players will be busting a gut to impress if he's at the game.

The problem isn't really effort so much as talent. And even if this game does survive the wind it's unlikely to be Cruyff-esque at any juncture.

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Game is going to be some laugh. 

If it's not called off in the next half hour it'll either a complete farce or abandoned half way through.

If its playable down in Ayr, then its too late to call it off, everyone who is going to travel to the game has pretty much already travelled.  So why call it off at this late stage?

Genuinely surprised this is going ahead. Would have thought the wind combined with the drenching over the last couple of days would have seen this one postponed.

Unless the pitch relaying last year made a massive difference to the drainage of the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

This should play right into Arbroaths hands. Do they not usually play in this type of weather? I’m sure they would’ve kicked up a fuss with the league if they didn’t fancy it.

Ahhhh, now I feel better…. Was starting to get a bit worried that no one had come out with this cliched pish until now.

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ahhhh, now I feel better…. Was starting to get a bit worried that no one had come out with this cliched pish until now.

I thank you. I’ll get my coat, and extra socks, woolly hat, snood, several layers and two pairs of gloves…

Our defence tonight. 

A loan goalkeeper dropped straight into the team.
LB:  A midfielder
RB:  A midfielder
CB:  A full back with an ongoing broken toe
CB:  A right winger, converted to full back this season, now playing centre  back

If Ayr can't win this one...

Is having Adams dropped to the bench in anticipation of him possibly coming on outfield again? Otherwise it seems a bit odd considering how well he played v Ayr t’other week.

Edited by Tattie36