Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Hmmm.  5pm and no word.  Better crack a can I guess.  No way I'm taking the chance of this somehow being on and watching us sober

I haven't tried this, driving to games is a real pain. Does alcohol numb the pain any or make over a year of insipid football at Somerset any better?

I'll not be making it tonight either way. Gave my brother my QR code for the game (if it gets played). I might buy the stream if its on.

14 minutes ago, kentish said:

Wasn't arbroath v ayr abandoned at half time a few seasons back 1-1 due to winds or am I imagining things

Aye. Hammy scored direct from a corner for us 

Doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to work out why Ayr want the game played. The SFA really do need a protocol in place with weather warnings meaning automatic call offs as it seems to be becoming a more common occurrence. Sporting integrity and all that plus the impact on the fans(public transport automatically being cancelled etc) 

If the game is played I do worry our biggest goal threat is Ali Adams from a long punt down wind but here’s hoping we roll them over and can have a good laugh about it 

5 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

It’s not up to Ayr to decide whether the game goes ahead or not.

No but they can mutually agree with the opposition to call it off.

However, maybe Arbroath are also wanting it played.

Edited by Tattie36

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’re not covering ourselves in any glory here.  No chance this game is going ahead.

Ball being kicked about now and no difference in flight to a normal windy day , reaching half way line against the wind , not sure how much stronger it’s going to get 

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

No but they can mutually agree with the opposition to call it off.

However, maybe Arbroath are also wanting it played.

It'd be nice to see our club come out and say "we suggested postponing because of safety, but the game is on", just so we can all start properly laying into Ayr.

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Ball being kicked about now and no difference in flight to a normal windy day , reaching half way line against the wind , not sure how much stronger it’s going to get 

I think this is us taking revenge for that abandoned game a couple of seasons back when Arbroath assured us there was no threat to the game only for us to discover on arrival that the conditions were patently unplayable.  

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’re not covering ourselves in any glory here.  No chance this game is going ahead.

Guy on the radio earlier saying this had only been classified as a storm due to being close to the last one. Reckoned it would be much weaker and might not affect everywhere as they are predicting 

24 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Sporting integrity and all that

Aye, you're overthinking it here.

I actually agree that it should be off on the basis of the forecast and the police advisory against unnecessary travel, but it's also the case you're teams down to the barest of bones and would suit you fine for another delay.

sporting integrity 😂

33 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye. Hammy scored direct from a corner for us 

Yes sure I saw highlights and GK kicks were ending up behind him, Ayr had wind in second half and weren't happy from what I recall.

Brown being announced as Ayr manager ain't doing Arbroath any favours if this game goes ahead. The Ayr players will be busting a gut to impress if he's at the game.