Stewart Milne

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Have you heard much about what will happen with the unfinished houses? 

Same as what usually happens, I'd imagine. Another building firm will come in with an overinflated margin and be handed the tender.

I heard they're exposed to some major liabilities on some developments in the North of England that used a lot of flammable cladding. Stewart Milne offered to buy the company back if the liabilities were waived and was told to f**k off. 

200 people lose their jobs and the Beeb top the story with people living on a building site rather than the folk now not getting paid. Unreal.

There is something inherently rotten about this. I can't imagine Milne and his cohorts will be suffering financially. They will have their millions invested elsewhere.

Tories do as Tories do, look after number one. Horrible excuses for human beings.

Edited by Cosmic Joe

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Same as what usually happens, I'd imagine. Another building firm will come in with an overinflated margin and be handed the tender.

They are taking on the responsibility of fixing defects on work done by another firm, of course they will put a margin on it.

15 hours ago, 101 said:

200 people lose their jobs and the Beeb top the story with people living on a building site rather than the folk now not getting paid. Unreal.

They'll be blaming the SNP too, no doubt.

15 hours ago, 101 said:

Would you rather lose your job or pay £300k plus for a house that will be on a building in perpetuity?

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

Would you rather lose your job or pay £300k plus for a house that will be on a building in perpetuity?

I wouldn't buy a house on a building site...

Their choice to do so, must have considered the risk, given even if the company stayed in business it would be a building site for a while.

No one chooses to lose their job.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I wouldn't buy a house on a building site...

Their choice to do so, must have considered the risk, given even if the company stayed in business it would be a building site for a while.

No one chooses to lose their job.

I suppose it’s a risk getting into a job that can be very boom and bust if you want to play it that way.

Also you aren’t always spoilt for choice with a house to live in considering supply and demand issues. In an ideal world we would all live in an older house that was built to last that had some lovely character about it as opposed to a housing estate.