Edinburgh Boys v Falkirk Bairns

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

An object lesson in complacency.  Change some players sure, but why the formation so wholesale?  Burden of that is equally between the players that started and McGlynn.

It’s not the players for me, fucking about with your formation especially in defence on the back of 4 clean sheets  is absolute car crash material and just asking for a boot up the arse.

McGlynn for weeks has been taking about keeping everyone grounded at the club and not getting cocky and he pulls a stunt like this. Just mental that he thought it would be fine after going on about them clawing two back against Hamilton  

5 minutes ago, spratte said:

It’s not the players for me, fucking about with your formation especially in defence on the back of 4 clean sheets  is absolute car crash material and just asking for a boot up the arse.

McGlynn for weeks has been taking about keeping everyone grounded at the club and not getting cocky and he pulls a stunt like this. Just mental that he thought it would be fine after going on about them clawing two back against Hamilton  

Can’t argue with anything you say, but the players should still have enough to win that - or certainly not go in 2 down at half time.

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Said this last week but the Edinburgh City team who played at Alloa was clearly miles better than the under 20s side they had out in recent weeks and will likely get better still as they settle. They've added another option or two this week too. Can see them being awkward opponents in the months ahead and quite a bold call by McGlynn to make so many changes. Well done City, still in with a chance of staying up. 

They don’t deserve to stay up. Where is the integrity of dumping 12 players they couldn’t afford to pay and sign a heap of loanees from FT clubs. Come on Annan 

9 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

They don’t deserve to stay up. Where is the integrity of dumping 12 players they couldn’t afford to pay and sign a heap of loanees from FT clubs. Come on Annan 

Don’t agree with this.  If the alternative is the club goes bust, what else can you do?  They’ve been fucked over by owner and, as far as I’m concerned, the council in their design of the stadium.

16 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Hmm... You're probably right but those released players hadn't exactly got us top of the league, most have got gigs elsewhere, I could quote you plenty of examples of other clubs over the last 30 years doing the same thing and we're still bottom.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Hmm... You're probably right but those released players hadn't exactly got us top of the league, most have got gigs elsewhere, I could quote you plenty of examples of other clubs over the last 30 years doing the same thing and we're still bottom.

Haven't most of the released players signed by new clubs most of them will still be getting decent wages, had to be done better than the club going bust.

Special shout out to the disappointing trio of Agyeman,Allan and Mackie all dreadful and don't feel they add depth to squad if that showing is anything to go by. The 1st two also seemed disinterested.  I feel Mcglynn gave them the chance to play to keep morale up in the squad and sadly this may have had the opposite effect on the 5 players hooked at half time.

Who was the absolutely raging guy in the tweed jacket, I think part of the Edinburgh back room staff, that decided to have a square go with some of the young team, then go crying to the stewards?  Hilarious to watch.

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Who was the absolutely raging guy in the tweed jacket, I think part of the Edinburgh back room staff, that decided to have a square go with some of the young team, then go crying to the stewards?  Hilarious to watch.

Mcindoe?

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Clearly pulls Donaldson back. Don't know why the Edinburgh defender is trying to claim it was outside the box either 

It's all in the heat of the moment! I reckon he thinks he's making the pull just outside, which he probably thought would result in a free kick at worst. Luckily, both Donaldson and the ref were paying attention!

6 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Never a penalty:

All sorts wrong in that game that I couldn’t see at the time.  It’s not a corner in the buildup to their goal.  Long is clearly fouled as he’s trying to tap the ball over the bar.  It’s not a penalty for me - it’s naive to have a handful of his shirt, but it’s outside the box and Coll is so theatrical in going down (sorry, professional….).

But none of that should detract from the horror show that was that first half lineup.