Todays scores 13/1

11 minutes ago, Shanner said:

We've got a kinder run of league games after Beith next week so hopefully a few wins will come from that lot. 

It's all about the last two cups for us now to try and polish the turd that has been the 2023/24 season.

I'm interested to see how the title pans out now. It still has a Beithy look about it for me but I'd prefer a team that can be promoted to win it (not Darvel though) so good luck for the run in. 

St Cadocs have come right into things but Beith still - just - favourite for title I think. Hopefully a win for us at Townhead and you taking something from Beith next week, will change the dynamic and set up a humongous game at Bellsdale in early Feb. 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Loks inconsistent season continues.Plenty of chances to win the game with ten men but couldn’t do it and hit as usual with the classic sucker punch after the 90!

Game took a twist also with the red card for Jordan Longmuir early for alleged handball outside the box-quite like to see that one again as I wasn’t sure 

Thought the linesman was in a good position for the handball incident and immediately waved his flag, looked to me like he got it right. 

Definitely a smash and grab from the Glens  though, Pollok could have been 3 or4 up if Markey hadn't been on top form. Hopefully a wee change in fortune could see us getting a few wins and climbing up this league a bit.... Well done Glens 👍

15 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Thought the linesman was in a good position for the handball incident and immediately waved his flag, looked to me like he got it right. 

Definitely a smash and grab from the Glens  though, Pollok could have been 3 or4 up if Markey hadn't been on top form. Hopefully a wee change in fortune could see us getting a few wins and climbing up this league a bit.... Well done Glens 👍

I didn't think it was a red but the linesman was right there as you say. I did think there was a shout for a Pollok penalty immediately beforehand with a potential handball.

Story of Lok's season. Pass up enough opportunities to win three or four games but fail to take them and then lose two really poor goals and ultimately the game. I have no idea how that winner ended up in the net. 

Have to be honest and say I thought Glens were one of the poorest sides I've seen this season but if you can keep winning games when not at your best(I assume), it'll go a long way to pulling you up the table. 

52 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

St Cadocs have come right into things but Beith still - just - favourite for title I think. Hopefully a win for us at Townhead and you taking something from Beith next week, will change the dynamic and set up a humongous game at Bellsdale in early Feb. 

With results today bankies clear favourites now, points on the board will make it very hard for any team to challenge now.  8 points clear means pressure is on us and with a depleted squad it will be very hard for Beith to catch up now. 

14 minutes ago, beithboy said:

With results today bankies clear favourites now, points on the board will make it very hard for any team to challenge now.  8 points clear means pressure is on us and with a depleted squad it will be very hard for Beith to catch up now. 

Not buying this. I don't blame you for taking a modest position but it's only four games and you can afford to lose one of them and still go a point ahead of Clydebank. 

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Not buying this. I don't blame you for taking a modest position but it's only four games and you can afford to lose one of them and still go a point ahead of Clydebank. 

Just as well I’m not trying to sell anything.  If you think back to last year Beith built up a lead and managed to play most of their games avoiding midweek games, Clydebank are in the same position this season.  I would rather be in their position at the top with points in the bag waiting for teams to catch up games 

6 hours ago, beithboy said:

Just as well I’m not trying to sell anything.  If you think back to last year Beith built up a lead and managed to play most of their games avoiding midweek games, Clydebank are in the same position this season.  I would rather be in their position at the top with points in the bag waiting for teams to catch up games 

I doubt anyone at Beith is genuinely having sleepless nights about a small fixture backlog which includes the luxury of being able to lose 25% of those games and still go top.  

it's great to see everyone tripping over themselves to downplay their chances. I wish we were in that position. 

11 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

I didn't think it was a red but the linesman was right there as you say. I did think there was a shout for a Pollok penalty immediately beforehand with a potential handball.

Story of Lok's season. Pass up enough opportunities to win three or four games but fail to take them and then lose two really poor goals and ultimately the game. I have no idea how that winner ended up in the net. 

Have to be honest and say I thought Glens were one of the poorest sides I've seen this season but if you can keep winning games when not at your best(I assume), it'll go a long way to pulling you up the table. 

Aye , think the winning goal kinda summed up Polloks day, the deflection could have took it anywhere.

There’s no doubt that we are one of the poorest sides in the league this year but apart from yesterday , we were shocking at times , there has been signs of improvement under the new manager.. The league doesn’t lie though , we’re 3rd bottom for a reason. 
Think it’s a battle between probably 5 or 6 teams to get out of those 3 relegation spots , just hope we can get clear of it .

2 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

Aye , think the winning goal kinda summed up Polloks day, the deflection could have took it anywhere.

There’s no doubt that we are one of the poorest sides in the league this year but apart from yesterday , we were shocking at times , there has been signs of improvement under the new manager.. The league doesn’t lie though , we’re 3rd bottom for a reason. 
Think it’s a battle between probably 5 or 6 teams to get out of those 3 relegation spots , just hope we can get clear of it .

Yep we just can’t get a run of form going at the moment-I didn’t think it was a red as I was facing Jordan under the enclosure as he came out and could see he was making every effort to keep his arms out of the way but would like to see the video if that helps.

Regardless even with 10 men the game should have been put to bed with the numerous chances we had but that’s the story of this season.Just need to try to finish in a reasonable position and aim to be stronger next season.
I do think that Clydebank are now in the driving seat for the title-it’s such a hard league that playing catch up is a very big ask and the chasing teams will drop points.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

I doubt anyone at Beith is genuinely having sleepless nights about a small fixture backlog which includes the luxury of being able to lose 25% of those games and still go top.  

it's great to see everyone tripping over themselves to downplay their chances. I wish we were in that position. 

I find it amazing that you can’t come on this forum to give an honest opinion without someone seeing an ulterior motive in their comments, my comments are based on what I have seen so for this season and the results so far.  Can Beith win the league? Of course they can but at the moment we are second favourites to do so.  

30 minutes ago, beithboy said:

I find it amazing that you can’t come on this forum to give an honest opinion without someone seeing an ulterior motive in their comments, my comments are based on what I have seen so for this season and the results so far.  Can Beith win the league? Of course they can but at the moment we are second favourites to do so.  

Course you can give an opinion - I think Shanner is casting aspertion on all our attempts to downplay. As it happens, I agree with him re the slight balance towards Beith. A win for us at Cumnock ( where we've won once since 2016  and Murdie is starting to get them clicking ) combined with Beith not winning at Beechwood - would change that I think. I had no idea how few home games Beith had played in the league. That makes the fact that you're still in running all the more commendable and calls the manner of allocating fixtures into question - again. 

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, the game on 3rd Feb is huge

47 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Nobody is stopping you giving an opinion, obviously. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Course you can give an opinion - I think Shanner is casting aspertion on all our attempts to downplay. As it happens, I agree with him re the slight balance towards Beith. A win for us at Cumnock ( where we've won once since 2016  and Murdie is starting to get them clicking ) combined with Beith not winning at Beechwood - would change that I think. I had no idea how few home games Beith had played in the league. That makes the fact that you're still in running all the more commendable and calls the manner of allocating fixtures into question - again. 

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, the game on 3rd Feb is huge

As far as fixtures go we had two home ties cancelled due to weather on the 23rd and 30th of December and due to advancing in few cups there were games cancelled to accommodate them.  It’s weird as last season when we were this far in front it was our title to lose and teams could still overtake us if they won there games in hand. 

11 minutes ago, beithboy said:

As far as fixtures go we had two home ties cancelled due to weather on the 23rd and 30th of December and due to advancing in few cups there were games cancelled to accommodate them.  It’s weird as last season when we were this far in front it was our title to lose and teams could still overtake us if they won there games in hand. 

I don't think 7 points with 4 games in hand is too unachievable at this stage. If you drop points next week and we win then 10 points with 4 games - then we play you a fortnight later - then that starts to get harder

6 hours ago, beithboy said:

There's something about this section of the forum that has people getting offended all too easily. For a level of football that has hitherto been considered one of the hardest/toughest styles of play, there are plenty of fans getting upset at exchanges of opinion or banter. You'd better not look at the other sections of the board; you'll be outraged at what goes on!

What did you expect to happen when you posted? Half a dozen greenies and a "great post"? This is a public football forum where fans exchange views, not everyone is going to agree with your opinion but no-one will want to stop you voicing it.

ETA- FWIW, I agree with you. If I was a Beith fan, I'd be doubting too, especially after yesterday. Don't really care who wins it but reckon it's Clydebank's year, if their arse holds out. 

Edited by jimbaxters

39 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There's something about this section of the forum that has people getting offended all too easily. For a level of football that has hitherto been considered one of the hardest/toughest styles of play, there are plenty of fans getting upset at exchanges of opinion or banter. You'd better not look at the other sections of the board; you'll be outraged at what goes on!

What did you expect to happen when you posted? Half a dozen greenies and a "great post"? This is a public football forum where fans exchange views, not everyone is going to agree with your opinion but no-one will want to stop you voicing it.

ETA- FWIW, I agree with you. If I was a Beith fan, I'd be doubting too, especially after yesterday. Don't really care two wins it but reckon it's Clydebank's year, if their arse holds out. 

Gr8 post M8.

The one wild card thrown into all of this is St Cadocs as mentioned above.They have a very strong squad and are quietly putting together results.There may be many who dislike the whole set up of no home ground/location/fans and money just pumped in to signing players but that’s all permissible and they have developed a strong team.