Ayr United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ayr's next permanent manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark McGhee was the old John Hughes and then he rocked up at Dens. If the same happens again, then the next 'joke' candidate will be Jose Mourinho.

Of that list I’m taking McCall, Bowyer, Courts and probably in that order. 

If this were the summer and we were in a position to take another gamble then maybe a Mulgrew or a Thomson but they aren’t what we need right now. 

Think Ayr need an ex player as manager, a leader type, so a guy who played in defence.

You know where this is going.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think Aye need an ex player as manager, a leader type, so a guy who played in defence.

Jamie Adams in ye come. 

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think Aye need an ex player as manager, a leader type, so a guy who played in defence.

Former club captain. 

I believe it was Ayr United chairman Dave Smith who once said "I could appoint Yogi Hughes as manager tomorrow and the Ayr United fans would throw me a parade down the High Street". Or words to that effect.

Just now, Iain said:

I believe it was Ayr United chairman Dave Smith who once said "I could appoint Yogi Hughes as manager tomorrow and the Ayr United fans would throw me a parade down the High Street". Or words to that effect.

A parade down Ayr High Street is about as appealing these days as an all-inclusive fortnight in Gaza City tbf.

It's not my business and I get that there was an urge to 'DO SOMETHING' but I feel this is a mistake. If I hadn't already used up my 'Relegation Express' annual budget on ICT I would be in the process of creating one for Ayr on the back of this.

Anyway, John Hughes please.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Anyone but that wee tosser Dodds. Have a feeling it won't be anyone in that list  - though if I'm wrong then it'll be Yogi.

Whoever it is, I think we'll need a stronger coaching team than LB had - maybe that was a big part of the problem?