Ayr United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ayr's next permanent manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

Just remember that McCall couldn't keep us up when he left you mid season.

Not sure he's the man to work with your squad at this point.

The squad we had that season (certainly the one assembled by Caldwell) but perhaps even when the shutdown happened, was definitely worse than Ayr’s current squad. Not to mention how McCall did better with the awful squad he inherited than when he started to tweak it in January, although long-term he was probably right to do so. 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

The squad we had that season (certainly the one assembled by Caldwell) but perhaps even when the shutdown happened, was definitely worse than Ayr’s current squad. Not to mention how McCall did better with the awful squad he inherited than when he started to tweak it in January, although long-term he was probably right to do so. 

Do you think had the full season played out partick would have stayed up? 

McCabe is a shite manager who has found a niche at Airdrie and has done well, also aided by quite a lot of luck. The moment he leaves Airdrie is the moment his management career is as good as over. 

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Do you think had the full season played out partick would have stayed up? 

Not to go over old ground, or start a discussion that was done to death during the lockdown of 2020 but I think QoS would’ve likely finished bottom of the league, and we’d have probably finished 9th, can’t say I was confident we’d have stayed up in the play offs though (at least that was my view when the league shut down - obviously no one knows how the final 8/9 games would’ve played out). 

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

Not to go over old ground, or start a discussion that was done to death during the lockdown of 2020 but I think QoS would’ve likely finished bottom of the league, and we’d have probably finished 9th, can’t say I was confident we’d have stayed up in the play offs though (at least that was my view when the league shut down - obviously no one knows how the final 8/9 games would’ve played out). 

IMG_0886.thumb.jpeg.e67d98e87ced4be472e865919cb3c0ef.jpeg

32 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

McCabe is a shite manager who has found a niche at Airdrie and has done well, also aided by quite a lot of luck. The moment he leaves Airdrie is the moment his management career is as good as over. 

Think you should be more concerned about how awful your precious QOS are doing again in League One. 

1 minute ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Think you should be more concerned about how awful your precious QOS are doing again in League One. 

I don’t even like QOS 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Personally I find it disgusting that those clubs attempted to use the pandemic as an excuse to avoid relegation while thousands of people were dying.

So true 

8 hours ago, Iain said:

I believe it was Ayr United chairman Dave Smith who once said "I could appoint Yogi Hughes as manager tomorrow and the Ayr United fans would throw me a parade down the High Street". 

SG24_first_400x400.jpg.84d8dd4cb7aa7574323eb4beb3ed591b.jpg