Ayr United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ayr's next permanent manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

100% agree buddy. He's far too superior a manager for you guys. 

If Ayr wanted a manager to help coach pointless possession then we’d phone Mark Kerr. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Ayr wanted a manager to help coach pointless possession then we’d phone Mark Kerr. 

Ian McCall/Yogi Hughes/any other tired predictable name from the usual managerial merry go round in scottish football.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Ian McCall/Yogi Hughes/any other tired predictable name from the usual managerial merry go round in scottish football.

Good luck with that.

Ian McCall is a far better manager than anyone Airdrie have had since they were founded in 2002. 

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

100% agree buddy. He's far too superior a manager for you guys. 

Just for what it’s worth, I’d be astounded if Ayr weren’t in a position to offer better wages than Airdrie to any manager, and they’re also (despite this seasons shenanigans) a fairly established second tier club who’ve been in the Premiership playoffs numerous times.

While Airdrie are having their first venture at this level for what - a decade?

McCabe would be fucking daft no to consider it. 

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

On the flip side, if we stay up then it’s not the worst job in the world. We have a few quid and would presumably be challenging at the right end of the table next season. The relocation effort is continuing apace as well, so it’s a potentially decent project in the medium to long term. That being said, there’s absolutely no doubt Ayr is a better job, and what I’ve said above is all pretty contingent on getting out of bother this year which is certainly not a given. 

How can you 'have a few quid'?  Your club is homeless!

Edited by ExiledLichtie

16 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Just remember that McCall couldn't keep us up when he left you mid season.

Not sure he's the man to work with your squad at this point.

Aye but then you won the league and ended up assembling a highly entertaining squad that got to a playoff final and narrowly lost on penalties. I’d take that over what we’ve been served up since he left any day of the week. 

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How can you 'have a few quid'?  Your club is homeless!

We are receiving significant backing from a wealthy supporter. Why do you think McCall dropped down to L2 in the first place? He could walk into pretty much any job in the lower leagues. 

46 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just for what it’s worth, I’d be astounded if Ayr weren’t in a position to offer better wages than Airdrie to any manager, and they’re also (despite this seasons shenanigans) a fairly established second tier club who’ve been in the Premiership playoffs numerous times.

While Airdrie are having their first venture at this level for what - a decade?

McCabe would be fucking daft no to consider it. 

Maybe in the summer, aye.

At this particular point, though, he'd be fucking daft out of his fuckin mind even to give it a moment's consideration.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Maybe in the summer, aye.

At this particular point, though, he'd be fucking daft out of his fuckin mind even to give it a moment's consideration.

Managers do daft things when made better offers. See Ian McCall and Ray McKinnon as examples. 

I don’t actually think McCabe would be in my top five picks though. Airdrie are the worst team I’ve seen this season and were easily ran over the top of. He might build something at another club when given more resources but I think he’d be huge gamble for us right now.