Ayr United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ayr's next permanent manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Scott Brown failed in England but absolutely deserves a crack at Scottish football, I'd just prefer it if it wasn't at Ayr. 

Did he though?  He seemed quite successful until it all absolutely went to hell, with the chairman leaving and jailed for fraud and the club put up for sale.  He then started with a bad run and got sacked.  Fleetwood are on their third manager of the season now.  I wouldn't call him a failure.

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Lee Johnson. 

Could absolutely see the Ayr board being impressed by him, but would imagine he has a high enough view of his own abilities to want more money than the job will pay.

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Could absolutely see the Ayr board being impressed by him, but would imagine he has a high enough view of his own abilities to want more money than the job will pay.

Yeah agree, why I changed my opinion mate, good luck whoever you guys get btw. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

At least you aren’t bothered by that prediction. 

Nice. 

Really not bothered though. We were written off before we even got here, by most people.

I'm delighted we continue to annoy all the "huge" teams like Ayr. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Lads get your money on Jose mourinho, he is now available 

Would be negligent to not at least put in a call.

8 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Did he though?  He seemed quite successful until it all absolutely went to hell, with the chairman leaving and jailed for fraud and the club put up for sale.  He then started with a bad run and got sacked.  Fleetwood are on their third manager of the season now.  I wouldn't call him a failure.

Didn't know the circumstances around when it all went to pot, that would absolutely do it to distract the entire club. 

Didn't know about Fleetwood. Good stuff. Scott Brown -> Lee Johnson -> Charlie Adam must be some sort of record in having three managers in a row whose IQs don't sum up to over 100.

Anyway, Mourinho is obviously now the frontrunner for the Ayr job. He can also bring his physios.

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I agree that I think he’ll have a decent career but I think he needs to keep Airdrie up first and push them on. I can see a few teams overtaking them in the second half of this season. 

Generally think what you’ve posted in this thread has been absolute toilet but this is actually a salient point.

Rhys has shown promise with us, that’s all. He has got us out of League One after a decade of toil and in both seasons so far he’s had tough runs and had to go back to the drawing board to tinker with system and styles, and he’s the better for it.

But his stock will only really hold water if he keeps us in the division this term. Then (and when he has the appropriate coaching qualifications) he will be a candidate to take a step up in his career.

5 hours ago, The Smell of VICTORY said:

Scott Brown would boost our media profile, if little else. Facing up to BIG Dunc when we play Inverness would be worth the admission money alone:guns:death

Didnt you say you were 52 earlier?