Reform UK going from strength to strength.

48 minutes ago, GordonS said:

BTW, while we're all worrying about the Reform vote after 10pm tomorrow, worth remembering that UKIP got 12.6% in 2015 and fell to 1.8% just two years later. When the Tories get themselves together Reform will disappear to nothing again. Without Brexit they're just a gammon protest vote.

This largely depends on what is left of the Tory party tomorrow. Unfortunately, many of the MPs with the largest majorities are very much what the gammons want to see from the Tory party. The most recent MRPs have them into very low triple digits of seats. 

I still think there's an inherent danger that the smaller entity completes a reverse takeover over the Tories, with the continuity party essentially consisting of what Thatcher would've deemed "wets". 

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As a teacher in a state school "hit" with the higher tax, I'm happy to and would happily pay more tax if it meant more money was spent in education, particularly in the return of dedicated behaviour support units and around addional support needs/more pupil support assistants. You'd be surprised how many people don't mind paying a bit of extra tax if they see something from it. The issue with the tax rises the Tories have overseen is that we don't have anything to show for it as it has been wasted on things like dodgy PPE contracts and tax cuts higher up the food chain. Labour seem to have been spooked by the old Lib Dem "1p more to pay for the NHS" policy and have been backed into a corner where they've committed to not increasing any of the big four taxes, not changing council tax and not borrowing. With such a big lead in the polls they could have probably got away with a 1p extra for medium earners and 2p more for the uber wealthy if they said it was ringfenced for the NHS, education and the likes. But we'll never know.

Really? I think the real surprise would be to find out how many people are inwardly seething about having to pay tax towards anything that they don't personally and immediately benefit from.

People could probably also do with a wake-up call about how little their own tax contribution actually covers.

11 hours ago, Michael W said:

This largely depends on what is left of the Tory party tomorrow. Unfortunately, many of the MPs with the largest majorities are very much what the gammons want to see from the Tory party. The most recent MRPs have them into very low triple digits of seats. 

I still think there's an inherent danger that the smaller entity completes a reverse takeover over the Tories, with the continuity party essentially consisting of what Thatcher would've deemed "wets". 

The temptation to register the name 'Reformed Conservatives' or 'Conservative Reform' before it appears as their joint slogan at the party conference in October is getting stronger. Think enough of the looneys in both groups will see it as a sensible step forward after the arse-kicking they are about to get.

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

The temptation to register the name 'Reformed Conservatives' or 'Conservative Reform' before it appears as their joint slogan at the party conference in October is getting stronger. Think enough of the looneys in both groups will see it as a sensible step forward after the arse-kicking they are about to get.

Every chance I end up being completely wrong here, but I don't see Farage joining the Tories. There are enough there that hate his guts and would block such a move. However, he is popular with their members so there is a very real danger of defections if enough people believe the prophecy of doom that they will never make power again without being in league with Farage. 

Goes without saying that Reform also despise the Tories, as they themselves as the real conservatives and the Tories little other than damp lefty sellouts. I think they would take great delight in taking over the party if they were allowed to, in order it can be "restored" in their eyes. 

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Every chance I end up being completely wrong here, but I don't see Farage joining the Tories. There are enough there that hate his guts and would block such a move. However, he is popular with their members so there is a very real danger of defections if enough people believe the prophecy of doom that they will never make power again without being in league with Farage. 

Goes without saying that Reform also despise the Tories, as they themselves as the real conservatives and the Tories little other than damp lefty sellouts. I think they would take great delight in taking over the party if they were allowed to, in order it can be "restored" in their eyes. 

Could be a case that a number of surviving MPs defect to Reform/Reformed Conservatives/Forages Fools and go from having 1 or 2 MPs after tonight to have 20-30 by the Autumn. Further destroying the Conservative party as is and leading to these changes, but see the next few months being a soul searching (assuming they all have souls) or best personal income searching period on the right and lots of maneuvering and ship jumping.

The Electoral Calculus site gives Lee Anderson a 60% chance of winning his seat. I can't believe that this cretin will be elected again; everything I have seen or read of him indicates that he is an utterly contemptible man.

The Irish used a particularly derogatory term for former Taoiseach, Brian Cowen, known as Biffo (big ignorant fucker from Offaly). I think a similar term applies to Anderson, Biffa (big ignorant fucker from Ashfield. 

Coincidentally, that's where the clown actually belongs.Open skip

11 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

There it is boys; the endorsement to end all endorsements. It’s Nigel’s to lose now. 

Is he Reform now! That’s a bit of a change from the Lib Dems. Is he still riding a cheeky girl?

Answer: no. However he has led full life according to his Wiki page.

Edited by Scary Bear

28 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

There it is boys; the endorsement to end all endorsements. It’s Nigel’s to lose now. 

He got dumped off a Romanian Cheeky Girl. Revenge of the Nerds. 

Öpik "passed documentation on to the singers' constituency MP and spoke to a Home Office minister," when the Irimias were facing deportation to Romania.[8] The couple announced their engagement in April 2008 after Öpik proposed in Rome,[9] but the engagement was short lived and a breakup was announced three months later

Edited by dirty dingus

29 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

He got dumped off a Romanian Cheeky Girl. Revenge of the Nerds. 

Öpik "passed documentation on to the singers' constituency MP and spoke to a Home Office minister," when the Irimias were facing deportation to Romania.[8] The couple announced their engagement in April 2008 after Öpik proposed in Rome,[9] but the engagement was short lived and a breakup was announced three months later

Do you think he is only doing it as his own personal vandetta against her.

"Right.  Send her home.  And her friends.  And her family.  And anyone with a similar last name.  Good riddance.  Don't come back.  Will that do?"

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Do you think he is only doing it as his own personal vandetta against her.

"Right.  Send her home.  And her friends.  And her family.  And anyone with a similar last name.  Good riddance.  Don't come back.  Will that do?"

Anything to try and be relevant by any means. Just another grifting c**t to add to the list.