The Spiders v The Honest Men

I genuinely do not have the words to describe how terrible a decision that is from the referee to give that free kick. Might be the worst I've ever seen. That'll be a good watch back on the highlights.

Good first half for Ayr paddy reading looks like he’s been set free a bit more and is bombing forward at any opportunity.

good goal from the free kick. 

ETA, wish I was wearing my long johns it’s freezing 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Did not look like a free kick at all. Good laugh.

Not much in the game other than the goal. Brown barking out lots of instructions from the touchline, which is already an improvement. Let's hope they're good instructions.

Edited by AUcal

Thought Mauchin had been very poor. Looking a bit short of confidence & Chalmers/Dempsey have given him a bit of a run around. 

Overall the comforting thing from a QP perspective is Davidson’s been going off his nut all half, he knows it’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I genuinely do not have the words to describe how terrible a decision that is from the referee to give that free kick. Might be the worst I've ever seen. That'll be a good watch back on the highlights.

Fella slipped then threw himself down. Ref bought it. Good finish though.

Thought we were poor today but the the referee and far side linesman were as terrible as they come; the free kick for Ayr's first was as blatant a dive as you'll ever see.

Desperately need a couple of experienced players in the door over the next few days or we're still absolutely fucked.

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

His crossing was laughably bad, firing it miles over everyone’s head. He’s pish.

One bad cross and he is pish? High expectations you have 🤣. Most of our passes went astray in the first half but let's pick on the guy who comes on for 15mins from the end when we are a man down? 🤔

Hard to tell how things would have gone if Welsh hadn’t been sent off right after the equaliser but don’t think we played that well at all today. Welsh should have known not to commit a foul like that whilst on a (albeit ridiculous) booking,

The first goal we were done by the ref for sure (plus two offside decisions) but I thought Ayr looked well organised with Dowds and the wingers playing well.

Mauchin really struggled i thought and Robson was too easily beaten at times.

Big result for both teams and pretty deflated about our chances of finish 8th or above, particularly with ICT winning again.

Whilst the referee was a shocker there were two honking teams out there. I could not see what formation Davidson was trying but it certainly did not work. Mauchin was like a wee boy lost, frightened to go forward. There was no movement off the ball and nobody urging them on. We badly need a leader on the park. Bruce was ineffective and this is not his position and sadly today Thomas just was not there. If we do not get reinforcements soon we are heading for Div 1 and obscurity for some time. The next two months will be a turning point in the history of Queens Park. I hope we make the right turn.

Might be in the minority here but I’m disappointed, not distraught by that one. First half was brutal - wid get fitba stopped, was glad to see change of formation in the second and got a deserved equaliser. If yer auntie had baws and all that but I think we stroll that with 11 players.

Took us a bit too long to get organised after the red but kept battling after the 2nd goal.

Some brutal refereeing and trigger happy linesman but deary fucking me, Sean Welsh. No excuse to get involved in that if you’re on a yellow. 

Guess as things stand Welsh now misses the Inverness game. 

Not sure on the rules but am I right in thinking the club will have grounds to appeal his first yellow in the hope of getting the red rescinded ?