St Johnstone v Aberdeen 24 January 7.45pm

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Correlation doesn’t equal causation but our record when he’s been on the pitch is incredible. In games he’s started, we’ve only lost to Celtic x2, Frankfurt (he scored) and PAOK (he scored and was taken off at 2-0 up). We’ve also gone onto win vs Hibs and Hearts after he came off the bench.

He's far better than he gets credit for, IMO.

In fairness to the others, they have been better players over a longer period of time so they should be afforded the slack Dante doesn't get. Just my opinion but I think he has the legs to play the role the manager is demanding of Shinnie. 

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They finished 3rd from a worse position last season.

More or less the same, but they weren't in a worse position last season. They're 2 points worse off after 19 games and Hearts are 1 point better off after 22. I think if the same results played out this time we'd scrape it by the skin of our teeth on goal difference.

3 hours ago, Dooj said:

yeah, I can do the maths but where did this idea come from that there was any prospect of Aberdeen winning all their games in hand? This just seems implausible for a team that is clearly struggling for consistency. It's not as if they are coming off the back of 20 consecutive wins.

Pretty sure nobody said that we would win our games in hand, just that if we did we had a chance of catching Hearts. 

20 hours ago, Dooj said:

I may have missed something, but why was so much of the reporting/commentary from last night about Aberdeen now unlikely to get 3rd place? Did anyone think this was realistic? Was there some outrageous claim from Robson? I could understand a narrative around Aberdeen getting into the top 6, but seriously 3rd place??

It's probably because pundits need something to talk shite about, and Barry brought it up. 

4 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

If yir gonna tell me to shut my pus , then please get it right it’s pus not puss is in pussy cat , go put puss in the your status and you’ll get 🐈‍⬛ you moron , pet hate of mines puss when  you mean pus , if you have pus coming out a boil it’s pus not puss , now go and take your pus for shite 

I'd guess he meant to shut your face and not one of the many plooks on it. 

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's far better than he gets credit for, IMO.

In fairness to the others, they have been better players over a longer period of time so they should be afforded the slack Dante doesn't get. Just my opinion but I think he has the legs to play the role the manager is demanding of Shinnie. 

Agree with that, he has been excellent.

In fact, Wednesday was the worst I have seen him since those early days when we wrote him off as some kid from a college frat party in Biddly Bong Idaho who had got lost and ended up at Cormack Park.

Either St Johnstone have got a real gem in the boy Philips - or he's one of these guys who occasionally has a good game (more likely for players in our league), as I thought he looked really good on Wednesday, and left Dante a bit of broken lad.

51 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In fact, Wednesday was the worst I have seen him since those early days when we wrote him off as some kid from a college frat party in Biddly Bong Idaho who had got lost and ended up at Cormack Park.

Either St Johnstone have got a real gem in the boy Philips - or he's one of these guys who occasionally has a good game (more likely for players in our league), as I thought he looked really good on Wednesday, and left Dante a bit of broken lad.

I've seen him play well a few times. Mentioned it on the St Johnstone thread before but sounds like he's a bit patchy.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I've seen him play well a few times. Mentioned it on the St Johnstone thread before but sounds like he's a bit patchy.

Phillips must be one of the physically strongest player in the league, rag-dolls players all the time, good close control but doesn't really do much attacking wise.

Just turned 23, easy to forget that based on his build.